You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

06-4-2021 13:00:43  #1781

Re: Recent Acquisitions Thread

The FP is one of my favorites, and $10 (presumably USD) is a nice price. 

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

19-5-2021 22:52:55  #1782

The Charger 11 I bought to replace my recently deceased Webster xl-747

Or wait...is that...could it actually be another xl-747...???

No, but the 747 cover does fit perfectly on the Charger and I kind of like it!

It has some dings  but it types well enough so far. A couple of times the ribbon spools seemed to get stuck and don't advance..., but a light twist frees them up. Any idea what causes that?  I had to remove the hideous flaking correction ribbon so I'm using the spools from the Webster which may or may not be a factor.

28-5-2021 15:30:35  #1783

Not a typewriter but...

For no other reason then that it fits well with my SG1. I originally wanted to get a electric one with a movable carriage, so I could print receipts with it. I ended up with this one, mostly because of its much smaller footprint on my table. Its really just a display piece. The only typewriter I still really want at this point would be a Olympia SGE40. With the paper injector. 

Learned watchmaker and office machine enthusiast from Germany.

28-5-2021 15:38:55  #1784

I forgot to mention, it is of cause fully functional. I believe I paid 20 or 30€ for it. I only had to clean the case, keys, and the backplate of the keyboard. Luckily the keys come off rather easily. I didn’t touch the mechanism. After I wound a fresh ribbon onto the spools, it works like new. Since one doesn’t come across these machines in such great shape too often, I couldn’t resist, especially since it even still has its dust cover. It’s a very nice example of a mechanical simplex printing adding machine with 10-key keyboard input. 

03-6-2021 16:39:41  #1785

Well, this was certainly a surprise purchase. A Hermes 3000 came up today, and without much hesitation it bought it. It’s got a few paint scrapes, but otherwise seems to be in very good shape. I always wanted to try out a 3000, since everyone is raving about them, but the prices people demand are through the roof. 90€ incl. shipping for a curvy one with the Luxury case is a great price, and I’ll probably never find one that low again. + It’s my first machine with an American layout. 

Bonus the Seller understands English so I can link him to a few sources on how to ship typewriters. I’ll let you know how I like it once it arrives. 

04-6-2021 18:41:41  #1786

A 90 early Euro Hermes 3000! 
I haven't seen any go locally for less than $350 USD, even sight unseen on sites like goodwill.
Phil Forrest

05-6-2021 05:02:38  #1787

Phil_F_NM wrote:

A 90 early Euro Hermes 3000! 
I haven't seen any go locally for less than $350 USD, even sight unseen on sites like goodwill.
Phil Forrest

Here are the two pictures that came with the listing: 
https://puu.sh/HMroj.jpg
https://puu.sh/HMroi.jpg

I didn’t ask for more as I as worried someone else might message them in the meantime. I didn’t care about typeface or pitch. I don’t see any damage, only a few paint scuffs. I hope some of those dark smears are actually just dirt/ink that can be cleaned off. I also hope the case cleans up well. Only to wait and see if it makes it in one piece. I haven’t yet had a typewriter get damaged due to shipping *knock on wood*.

16-6-2021 20:07:31  #1788

I found myself today with this, for free, an Adler Electric 21 (i am not sure if this is a 21C or a 21D ). It is completely filthy, but it wants to work, I tested it and some keys do move as intended, others move once but the carriage does not advance. I have so many questions since I was not able to find any technical manual or documentation for this model. I might open a new topic documenting my repair adventures for this behemoth.
[img][/img]

17-6-2021 01:18:06  #1789

I looks like an Adler branded electric version of the Triumph Matura.
Here is its manual counterpart: https://typewriterdatabase.com/1967-triumph-matura-50.4173.typewriter

17-6-2021 02:55:52  #1790

No it is not a Matura. The Matura was a manual typewriter - the 21c/21d were office electrics.  If the machine is fitted with a carbon ribbon attachment, it is a 21c.   

Board footera