You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

28-6-2021 15:05:39  #1801

Re: Recent Acquisitions Thread

Phil_F_NM wrote:

... I can't seem to post an image directly into the thread, ... 

Have you linked images from that website successfully in the past? My guess is that the website you're trying to use has blocked hotlinking, which is not an issue with this forum.

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

28-6-2021 15:21:07  #1802

You have to go to the image link instead of the html link.  I've had problems posting pics here in the past but usually I'm too stubborn to give up

01-7-2021 19:29:55  #1803

I did use the image link. Still not working. I've used that host since 2005 and nothing has changed there.
Anyway...
The Oliver No. 9 Printype is fully operational. I did some general cleaning and lubing, here and there, threaded in a ribbon (onto the proper wooden spool cores), stuck in three sheets of 24lb paper and let it rip. The large typeface looks fantastic. 
I did this little test just as a function check of everything before I send the platen and rollers off to J.J. Short. 
The machine is missing a good amount of nickel, but a guy I work with can do the re-plating, if I really want to do so. I'm really looking forward to having this available to type on.
Phil Forrest

01-7-2021 19:52:28  #1804

Phil,

Have you tried Imgur.com ? 

Works well for me and I direct-link big photos from there to here and do not need to resize...I think this Forum's software does that automatically.

Here is our 1-year old rescue kitty, "Lily", who came to us as a frightened little feral kitten who now knows none of that previous life she had.

02-7-2021 07:23:31  #1805

It obviously works right where it is because I was able to insert the image in post #1803, above.

I'm a moderator on another forum where I can't post pictures directly using the image icon and none of the admin staff can figure out why. If I try to post an image the link to the image will vanish from the inserted code when I go to post it. I then have to paste the link manually between the "src" codes using the bbc feature. This forum here isn't quite as full featured but maybe examining the link using the Source button when having troubles will provide some clues. 

02-7-2021 11:05:47  #1806

overwood wrote:

It obviously works right where it is because I was able to insert the image in post #1803, above.

Your image link in #1803 does not work, which is the issue that Phil had. I checked the link he used and it's correct, which is why I suspect the website hosting the photo has blocked hotlinking (this is something done on the admin end and isn't visible to a forum user, and can be implemented at any time). It's always best to use either your own web hosting or a specialty website, such as Imgur, which provides photo hosting.

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

02-7-2021 11:56:46  #1807

Uwe wrote:

overwood wrote:

Your image link in #1803 does not work, which is the issue that Phil had. I checked the link he used and it's correct, which is why I suspect the website hosting the photo has blocked hotlinking (this is something done on the admin end and isn't visible to a forum user, and can be implemented at any time). It's always best to use either your own web hosting or a specialty website, such as Imgur, which provides photo hosting.

It works for me. I can see his Oliver right there in post 1803...

02-7-2021 11:58:56  #1808

It works in 2 different browsers, including when I'm not logged in...

02-7-2021 14:11:06  #1809

I had to try two other browsers before the image would load (Firefox). Clearly it doesn't work in every browser, an issue I've never experienced with using Imgur or my own hosting service.

03-7-2021 14:03:27  #1810

Very happy with my first Remington. A budget typewriter that doesn't feel cheap at all. Impressed with the build quality and workmanship.

Board footera