You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

09-7-2021 21:04:42  #1

(NLR) Facit 1840/1845 Electric - Underside Photo ?

Would anyone have a photo or two of the underside of their Facit 1840 or 1845 electric typewriter ?  With the plastic shell removed...

I am trying to figure out what is missing that is preventing my back-space function from working.

I have followed all the levers and links from the key-top down to the middle & bottom of the machine...where it looks like something may have come off and might be missing. 

The last moving lever has a hole in the end of its flat and I am assuming it was connected to something else.

I have circled that area in "red" in my attached photo...

Thanks in advance for your time in replying.

Last edited by Pete E. (01-8-2021 13:19:18)

18-7-2021 11:36:25  #2

Re: (NLR) Facit 1840/1845 Electric - Underside Photo ?

Decided it might be a Fool's Pursuit to try to get the back-spacer to work.

On manual machines, I very seldom use the key. And usually use the carriage release to move back to a section if I need.

A power back-shift feature on an electric is not on my "must have" list of working features.

When the machine is on, I can simply use my left index-finger and move the carriage 1 space or many if I need without even using the CR levers.

Chasing down the missing parts would require a purchase of a parts machine (and one that is also not missing these pieces) and it is not worth the $$ or time to do so.

Board footera