You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

02-10-2021 01:23:09  #11

Re: Crazy Happenings over on Shop Goodwill...

overwood wrote:

I'm just angry people keep bidding the 50's QDLs up above $12...

Yeah, I'm not happy that SCM Sterlings are going for well over $100 lately. I'm actively looking for one for my little sister and every one I bid on goes way over what I'm willing to pay.

Phil Forrest

02-10-2021 20:49:27  #12

Phil_F_NM wrote:

overwood wrote:

I'm just angry people keep bidding the 50's QDLs up above $12...

Yeah, I'm not happy that SCM Sterlings are going for well over $100 lately. I'm actively looking for one for my little sister and every one I bid on goes way over what I'm willing to pay.

Phil Forrest

What kind are you looking for? I'll keep my eyes peeled.

08-10-2021 10:36:07  #13

...aannnnd it was just relisted.

Phil Forrest

08-10-2021 13:10:51  #14

Phil_F_NM wrote:

...aannnnd it was just relisted.

That's brilliant! 

If I was running these auctions I'd set things up so that bids were actually binding. It sucks that a charity such as Goodwill has to waste its time with immature fools who have nothing better to do than commit acts of virtual vandalism.

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

08-10-2021 16:04:47  #15

Yeah that's pretty lame and pathetic. Not a funny joke at all.

08-10-2021 17:49:45  #16

SGW Terms of Use, Bidding section:"New bidders (buyers with user accounts less than 30 days old) will be restricted to participating in no more than 15 active auctions at one time. As a bidder, if you have the highest bid at the end of the auction period, at or above the minimum bid price (or in the case of reserve auctions, at or above the reserve price), and your bid is accepted by the seller, YOU ARE OBLIGATED TO COMPLETE THE TRANSACTION. Bids are not retractable except in exceptional circumstances (e.g., the seller materially changes the description of the item after your bid, clear typographical errors, or when the bidder cannot authenticate the identity of the seller). Bid manipulation is strictly prohibited. In other words, you may not bid in a way that pushes other bidders to their maximum bid, retract your original high bid, and re-bid at a small increment above the legitimate high bidder.A Non-Paying Bidder is a person who wins the auction through the bidding process but does not follow through with the transaction and instead fails to fulfill his or her obligation to purchase the item(s) he or she won through the bidding process. The seller community of our Website is committed to notifying our staff regarding any Non-Paying Bidder. We take these situations very seriously and will record, monitor, suspend or ban any Non-Paying Bidder, or take other appropriate disciplinary, investigative or legal action, in our sole and absolute discretion."I'm really hoping they enforce this policy but considering that Goodwill is a non-profit, they probably can't afford a tech to enforce the terms at each site. 

Phil Forrest

08-10-2021 19:50:32  #17

Here is the new listing from the same MN State shop...so we can sit back and see what it does this time around :

https://www.shopgoodwill.com/Item/131548045

08-10-2021 20:30:36  #18

Same bidder as last time pushed it over $100

08-10-2021 20:34:39  #19

Well that's not true,  but we already know his top bid is likely gonna be about 225

16-10-2021 14:00:16  #20

Went hammer-down for $ 452 this time.

Still a crazy price for an "as is" machine for which you have no-turn options and you do not even know if all the parts are there to allow it to work.

Board footera