You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12-10-2021 18:13:15  #1

1925 Royal model 10

Hello everyone! My friend recently bought a 1937 Royal KHM typewriter that was in working condition, but need a service, which he enlisted me to help with. After a bit of cleaning and lubing it was up and working again. While I was testing it I noticed how nice it felt to type on. Up until this point my main typewriter was a late 40s QDL. Unfortunately I couldn’t persuade my friend to sell it to me lol. So I did some research and found a 1925 Royal model 10 for sale in my area for a reasonable price, but it didn’t function. After a week or so of tinkering I’ve got it up and going. But it feels much different than the KHM. A lot more light and “clicky” if you know what I mean. Now, my friend’s KHM was in almost new shape, but this one appears to have been used industrially at some point lol. Like at a newspaper or something of that sort. I’ve never seen a typewriter with this much wear on the key just from them rubbing. Like I said it still functions fine, but it feels much different than the KHM. Do you think that this would be due to its extensive use, or just different mechanisms? Also I’m wondering if this Royal model 10 will be a good go to writing typewriter in the long run? Thanks.

Board footera