You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

15-1-2022 21:19:42  #1

A New Look

Greetings All

Has anyone else noticed the new simpler almost cozy appearance of this site? Makes me want to reach in, grab that Princess 300 and start typing. All the best,

Sky

We humans go through many computers in our lives, but in their lives, typewriters go through many of us.
In that way, they’re like violins, like ancestral swords. So I use mine with honor and treat them with respect.
I try to leave them in better condition than I met them. I am not their first user, nor will I be their last.
Frederic S. Durbin. (Typewriter mania and the modern writer)

15-1-2022 22:58:56  #2

Re: A New Look

Hello Sky, I did notice the change but since I hadn’t seen it referenced in a posting I began to think there was something wrong with my memory. I like the look. I also like the Durbin quote. George

16-1-2022 08:44:18  #3

I like it, too.  Especially the softer colors. 

Uwe could even rotate the show-cased machine in the main header from time to time.  I suspect he might have a few machines that could be show-cased.

16-1-2022 13:19:35  #4

I was feeling a little guilty about having left the original banner in place for so many years, even though it was in part because this free forum really limits what I can do with it. And a new year is always a good opportunity to make a change. I will take up Pete's idea though to rotate things - once in a while

George, I don't know what the reference to a Durbin quote is though.

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

16-1-2022 15:49:46  #5

Hi Uwe,

The quotation is at the lower portion of Sky's posts. I think it could be called the signature on some forums. Here it is though:
We humans go through many computers in our lives, but in their lives, typewriters go through many of us.In that way, they’re like violins, like ancestral swords. So I use mine with honor and treat them with respect.I try to leave them in better condition than I met them. I am not their first user, nor will I be their last.Frederic S. Durbin. (Typewriter mania and the modern writer)

Because it brought a lump to my throat when I read it to my wife I decided it has a lot of 'juice' for me.

George

17-1-2022 14:11:03  #6

Ah, I thought it had something to do with the forum banner, thanks for clearing that up.

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

20-1-2022 01:21:15  #7

Well, the new banner is nice

Typewriter Service Tech (and avid nerd)

23-1-2022 17:34:51  #8

Hello Sky!
I very much like the new banner. Then again, I may be a bit biased because I love the Princess. 
I just like simple design too. It's quite pleasing to the eye.
And I still owe you a letter! I haven't forgotten...but, you know....life!

My blog: http://papelymaquina.blogspot.com/  
            Photo gallery: http://papelymaquina.imgur.com/

Board footera