You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

09-9-2014 21:43:25  #1

Typewriter Repair and Services in San Diego, CA

Can anyone recommend a good repair person in the Southern CA area, preferably within the San Diego area. I am looking for some initial assistance, and perhaps someone who can teach me to do the basics better on my own. Thanks.

Mr. John Pagan
Type-Enthusiast 

09-9-2014 22:04:02  #2

Re: Typewriter Repair and Services in San Diego, CA

Clark

25-9-2015 13:05:47  #3

my regualr repair guy is Gary with Gary's Typewriter Repair in Long Beach.  he has over 40 years experience fixing typewriters and he is soooo knowledgable about all the makes and models.  his fees are so low for all the work he does.  his only request is that you call ahead of time before coming because he's often servicing machines inside offices.  so far he's serviced my Hermes 3000 and Rocket.  did a great job getting them in great working condition.  i can't say enough good things about Gary!  if i didn't have him around, i wouldn't be collecting as many typewriters as i have in such a short time. LOL

25-11-2015 14:08:54  #4

I live in San Diego and fix/conserve all my own typewriters. Feel free to PM me if you have questions.

"We didn't exactly believe your story Miss O'Shaugnessy. We believed your two hundred dollars."

15-4-2016 11:34:47  #5

I live in Bellingham Washington. Thirty eight years experience servicing typewriters and other office equipment. PM me if you need service.

15-4-2016 12:13:14  #6

selectrics wrote:

I live in Bellingham Washington.

I'd suggest putting your contact information in a new thread, or better yet, send it to me in a PM and I'll add you to the known service centers in our master list.

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

13-8-2016 14:31:00  #7

Stearns Business Machines is the only storefront shop in San Diego and Riverside counties. They are in Oceanside. I know the owner and his father, Ott, who is a remarkable repairman. 

Below is a story I wrote about typewriters and to some degree about the shop.

http://www.lajollalight.com/news/2016/apr/27/analog-machines-gaining-converts-in-the-digital/

Visit my website, eafeliupoetry.com, for posts on typewriters and literature.

Board footera