You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11-2-2022 09:52:57  #1

Swedish-made Facit T2 Standard...

Swedish-made Facit T2 Standard dates from around 1969-1970.

It has a 15" wide platen and 12 cpi Elite type.  Very fast, so smooth, and a joy on which to type.  Really a sweet sounding end-of-line bell, too.  Platen is soft and allows me to make indents into the rubber with my thumb nail.

Carriage lifts off/on for easy cleaning and access to the mechanicals. 

Two small, narrow removable metal covers on the underside of the carriage which makes replacing the draw-band so easy.  Which I did since the existing ribbon had some frayed sections.  You can just "fish" it through the carriage with your fingers and then replace the covers.

My next goal in the Facit-world is to find the electric-version of the T2...that is a Facit ET3 model.

11-2-2022 14:53:18  #2

Re: Swedish-made Facit T2 Standard...

Pete E. wrote:

My next goal in the Facit-world is to find the electric-version of the T2...that is a Facit ET3 model.

Just like most standards, my challenge with finding the ET3 was to find an example that hadn't endured heavy office use.

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

11-2-2022 21:06:54  #3

I am green with envy every time I see your machine, Uwe !

13-3-2022 22:40:54  #4

Facit production probably in the late 1950's or early 1960's...looks like a bunch of T1 Standard machines.

14-3-2022 16:13:36  #5

Could possibly be 1959, and I only say this because I have a different version (lower resolution) of the same photo along with a couple of others and they were dated that year.

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

02-6-2022 20:16:09  #6

Little guys came out to help me load some typing paper & backing sheet for my Facit T2...

Have a 3rd. Wizard...but he was sound asleep in his factory packaging...

03-6-2022 08:22:28  #7

Similar lines...maybe they both went through wind-tunnel testing...lol

05-6-2022 22:02:09  #8

Someone told me these Facits are very similar in feel and touch to an Olympia SG3. I never tried a Facit myself, so I wouldn't know. Does anybody here have the two, have they made some kind of A-B'eing?

06-6-2022 07:56:17  #9

Paul, I own both a 1961 Olympia SG1 and a 1971 Facit T2. 

1. SG1 weighs in at 38.3 lbs with a 12” wide carriage and the T2 wieghs in at 34.5 lbs with a 15” wide carriage. 

2. SG1 is made of cast iron and steel while the T2 is made of various aluminum alloys. 

3. The SG1 has 2 features that my T2 does not have : a) Paper injector and b) Single-space and double-space key-top to change spacing among the letters/characters. 

4. The SG1's ribbon selection has one more intermediate color selection postion (i.e. yellow) which yields a mix of both black and red ribbon color on the print-out.  This is similar to what the Hermes 3000 has.  My Facit T2 does not have this intermediate position.  But it is something I never use so not important for me.

5. I prefer the lighter touch/action of my Facit T2 over the Olympia SG1 which seems heavy (and brooding) when I type for long periods of time. I can type faster on the Facit. 

6. The key-tops on the T2 are just a bit larger in size and I think they are spaced-out just a bit more than on the SG1. So, I like using the Facit T2 more. It just feels a bit more comfortable. I feel a bit cramped on the SG1 key-tops.

7. If given the chance...I would have preferred to have the Facit T2 with a less-wide carriage. The 15” wide carriage is just not used in our home. A 13” wide carriage would have been ideal...but I just do not see too many T2's for sale...so I jumped on my machine when it appeared.

Board footera