You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

18-3-2022 22:03:18  #1

Good Olympia SF Review Article...

For those newer collectors and typewriter users looking to add an "ultra-portable" to their home, the review/article below is a good read.

Do not forget, but the Olympia SF is a heavy "ultra-portable" weighing in at 9.8 lbs. without its case.

But it is a robust, sturdy, and fast little machine on which to type.

Sometimes I forget and think I am typing on my Olympia SM7 (which weighs 15.2 lbs with no case) when using the little SF. 

(See photo, below...of both in my home.)

https://typewriterreview.com/2014/11/28/olympia-sf-deluxe/

18-3-2022 22:22:09  #2

Re: Good Olympia SF Review Article...

I prefer the Splendid 66/99 for the added snazz. 
Though the best "ultra portable" Ive used in terms of comfort & touch is the Lettera 32. 

Learned watchmaker and office machine enthusiast from Germany.

22-3-2022 18:59:03  #3

I worked on a few SF units, they're quite nice.  I keep thinking I'd like to own an ultra portable typewriter, but every time I get my hands on one, I just don't like the feel of the action.

Typewriter Service Tech (and avid nerd)

25-3-2022 10:18:47  #4

"Though the best "ultra portable" Ive used in terms of comfort & touch is the Lettera 32"
I have used and much appreciated many Olivetti machines, but my take on the Lettera 32 is that it is on the upper side of the spectrum and straddling borders with portable machines. This is why it is so good.. not to mention it obviously is the cynematic upon which most subsequent Olivettis were designed ... Larger carters made machines  beefier but inside there was some kind of 32-35  iteration.
The former 22, on the other side, was definitely a true ultra-portable, and a very usable and nice one. I prefer the action of the heavier 32 but I am more attracted by the looks, polished finish  and weight of the slender 22.

Board footera