You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

02-6-2022 07:33:36  #1

Tytell Family Business...

This typewriter shop label is very interesting,

From the Tytell family business in New York.

The metal label is on an Olympia SG1 running through Shop Good Will this week.

After the elder Tytell couple passed away, their son Peter continued until his passing just a few years back.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martin_Tytell

02-6-2022 11:26:49  #2

Re: Tytell Family Business...

That's very interesting, a decal applied over the original manufacturer's tag is not something I've seen a dealer do before. It looks like the decal didn't quite fit; the top and bottom appears to be cut off - or is it just my imagination that there's something amiss with the head of the service man? I wonder if a thread (topic) of dealer sticker photos would be worth starting (I don't think we've done that yet). 

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

02-6-2022 20:23:53  #3

Uwe wrote:

That's very interesting, a decal applied over the original manufacturer's tag is not something I've seen a dealer do before. It looks like the decal didn't quite fit; the top and bottom appears to be cut off - or is it just my imagination that there's something amiss with the head of the service man? I wonder if a thread (topic) of dealer sticker photos would be worth starting (I don't think we've done that yet). 

Uwe, here's my SG1, to see how another tech at Tytell's handled it. Should clarify the serviceman's appearance.

02-6-2022 20:41:10  #4

I just thought the poor guy's last customer just chewed his head off when he presented his service-bill.

03-6-2022 10:36:16  #5

Pete E. wrote:

I just thought the poor guy's last customer just chewed his head off when he presented his service-bill.

Thanks, Michael. Those decals certainly cover a lot of real estate and must have caused some interesting placements on more compact models. At least these were applied to the back of the typewriter; I'm not sure how happy I'd be if my serviced typewriter was returned with one of those dominating the ribbon cover.

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

03-6-2022 16:03:01  #6

Uwe wrote:

Thanks, Michael. Those decals certainly cover a lot of real estate and must have caused some interesting placements on more compact models. At least these were applied to the back of the typewriter; I'm not sure how happy I'd be if my serviced typewriter was returned with one of those dominating the ribbon cover.

Ha! Gotcha covered, Uwe! This is the very same typewriter!

03-6-2022 17:21:11  #7

Front and back? Madness!

20-11-2022 01:44:47  #8

Now those are nice dealer tags.  I've been using stickers, which reminds me I need to update things a little.

Typewriter Service Tech (and avid nerd)

Board footera