You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

07-12-2021 16:51:15  #21

Re: Facit Man Figurine...

Swedish typewriter firm has German company make mascot figurine, which ends up in Japan (with possible destinations in between). And it's likely to travel a fair distance yet again. That Facit man has seen more of the world than the majority of people living on it. I'd love to know who would spend that kind of money on a plastic figure...

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

16-12-2021 08:34:19  #22

I took this photo at Ace Typewriter here in Portland. I happened to have a point and shoot film camera with me as I had been doing some work on it was running a test roll of film through it that day. This would have been only my second visit to the shop, in which case I wasn't even familiar with Facit typewriters, let alone the Facit mascot himself. I simply thought it one of many an interesting thing worthy of capturing that day.

For those who haven't been there, Ace Typewriter is a total time warp. Matt, the owner (who himself has been working there in one form or another since he was around 8 years old), inherited the business from his parents, who founded the shop in 1961. Rather than a young business trying to pull off an authentic vintage look, Ace is the real deal — still in its original location after all this time. Most everything found inside the shop has been there for many, many years. I imagine this little guy (the cap long gone) has been kicking around inside the shop for the majority of its 6 decades.

16-12-2021 17:56:58  #23

Poor little fellow...does not even get to enjoy his twilight years next to a nice Facit T1 or T2,,,

Thanks for posting, Bill G. !

17-12-2021 12:58:36  #24

Pete E. wrote:

Poor little fellow...does not even get to enjoy his twilight years next to a nice Facit T1 or T2,,,

Actually, he seems to be really admiring the SG1 and perhaps wondering why his company never produced something as good... 

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

01-3-2022 08:52:43  #25

Won this little guy on eBay for a bit over $ 14 USD.

Looks to be still in the original wrappings.

Some white paint has flaked off the gloves and looks like its collecting on the boots.

01-3-2022 10:23:55  #26

Nice! 
Looks like the paint loss would be an easy fix.

01-3-2022 10:36:48  #27

The OCD in me wants to go after the flaking paint problem.

Hopefully I can open up the plastic bag without doing damage to it. 

But if it all seems dry/brittle, I might just leave it as-is and place it with my TP1 in its case.

01-3-2022 10:43:46  #28

Is the "Made in Germany" sticker on the figurine or the bag? No doubt that'll leave a gooey mess or end up removing more paint. Personally, I'd fix it up and display it, and in part because I don't think keeping it in its (potentially) original bag actually adds any value to it.

13-3-2022 15:00:15  #29

The "Made In West Germany" sticker is/was attached to the back of the figurine...it is about 90% loose and not adhering to the figurine except for one small spot of glue still holding on.

I have decided to let it stay in the un-opened plastic bag, for now...as beside the foil/band holding the top of the bag closed, it looks like that plastic was also heat-sealed before the colorful band was attached.

06-7-2022 11:53:05  #30

Huge figurine in this photo that appeared on Robert Messenger's blog-site...

Doing douible-duty as the night-watchman for the sales shop. 

Board footera