You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

14-7-2022 17:09:26  #11

Re: How do you display/store/cover your typewriters?

The retired couple who runs this business do so mainly for fun. It developed from their long-held love of typewriters. Unless they've changed things since I was there last, they always try to keep 17 different typewriters available for people to choose from. When they sell a machine they try to restock as quickly as possible. Some machines offered might be in need of an adjustment here or there after being "tested" by customers, but generally speaking they see to it that all of the typewriters that they set out for sale are in good working order. Some machines might be missing a small part here or there if they don't have a replacement for it, but those machines tend to be priced accordingly and they definitely don't knowingly sell typewriters with major issues. They also don't offer repair services or supplies, just the 17 typewriters that they have on offer at any given time. Given that a person can walk in and compare a number of different machines in good working condition to find the one they like best, I think their prices are fair.  Part of that is likely down to fact that they conduct their business in Canby, Oregon rather than in a large city. At the end of the day they really just like connecting people with typewriters.

While most of what they sell is reflective of those typewriters that sold well back in the day, I've seen them offer a number of unique and interesting machines as well. I know at one point they sold what is considered to be one of the holy grails for many collectors — a red Royal Model P with the Vogue typeface.

14-7-2022 17:17:07  #12

Re: How do you display/store/cover your typewriters?

To help bring this thread back on track, I would note that the shop in Canby keeps their typewriters uncovered, out on open shelving for display. This also allows people access to the machines for test typing. Given that their inventory experiences a fair bit of turnover, they likely don't have same sort of concerns regarding dust and dirt that others might.

Board footera