You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

15-8-2022 06:17:26  #1

"Folding" typewriter? Gifted to me

I don't know much about the older typewriters so I'm not sure what model this is or how to look it up on the database. If was gifted to me by Bob Walker, the subject of a 10 minute documentary we made about him (The Last Mad Man). He heard I collected typewriters and is sending me this. He says it is a folding typewriter.

- Be kind 

15-8-2022 09:12:58  #2

Re: "Folding" typewriter? Gifted to me

That's a Corona 3. If it's your first 3 bank, you'll find a learning curve in operation. They are very interesting little machines with some cool ways of operating. There is a specific way to fold it up properly (I think maybe Shift Lock) Lots of history typed through those keys. I've been looking to restore one, one of these days.
Phil Forrest

15-8-2022 14:11:43  #3

Phil_F_NM wrote:

That's a Corona 3. If it's your first 3 bank, you'll find a learning curve in operation. They are very interesting little machines with some cool ways of operating. There is a specific way to fold it up properly (I think maybe Shift Lock) Lots of history typed through those keys. I've been looking to restore one, one of these days.
Phil Forrest

Ah, interesting. Thanks. Model 3. Excited to get it and check it out. It will be my oldest. 

- Be kind 

15-8-2022 20:48:14  #4

Congratulations !  I have not dipped back beyond my 1947 Roayl QDL...but a nice gift from your friend.

There seem to be 2 decent versions of user-guides on Richard Polt's web site for the Model 3.

Board footera