You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

05-11-2022 07:25:52  #1

Dick Cavett typed on his old show (shown on Decades TV)

I was watching an old Dick Cavett show from the '70s and he was bragging how fast he was as a touch typist, and he wanted to prove it to his secretarial staff on live TV.  They brought out a big Royal manual and his announcer dictated rather quickly a so-called business letter and Dick was typing at a pretty furious and impressive pace.  His result was full of errors but there was enough he got right that it was still impressive.  Far faster than I could ever do.

05-11-2022 11:34:51  #2

Re: Dick Cavett typed on his old show (shown on Decades TV)

Martin,

Does a video-clip of that performance exist ?  Would be fun to see him in action.

I have to remember Dick is 85-86 years old presently.  In my mind, I always see him as he was in the 1970's.

05-11-2022 12:39:54  #3

I googled it and looked on YouTube but no luck...it was interesting to watch.  Valarie Harper and Edward Teller were the main guests.  Maybe that might help someone locate the whole episode.  It had to be from his first show on ABC from the early 70's(?)

07-11-2022 01:27:58  #4

I also searched and came up empty.  However, I did end up spending quite a few hours watching some interesting old Dick Cavett shows.  One or two brought back memories of seeing them when they first aired.  Boy, was television different back then!

Board footera