You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

25-11-2022 17:58:12  #1

Typewriter in new series: "Wednesday" - what is it?

We were watching a new series on Netflix, Wednesday, based on the Adams Family cartoons and directed by Tim Burton. Wednesday is sent to a prep school and of course she eschews computers, smart phones and social media, preferring a typewriter. Being a Tim Burton production I would not be surprised if he outfitted some old typewriter with design changes, but maybe you can identify it. 

Not a bad little series, aimed at young folks but I find anything by Tim Burton fun to look at. 

- Be kind 

26-11-2022 01:50:36  #2

Re: Typewriter in new series: "Wednesday" - what is it?

It is a Juwel.

26-11-2022 11:53:50  #3

Enlarged view / photo crop ...

26-11-2022 12:46:08  #4

Strange paper support.

- Be kind 

28-11-2022 13:05:10  #5

mikeytap wrote:

Strange paper support.

Zig-zag supports were not uncommon for '30s German models such as the Juwell Modell 3. My Modell 2 (below) lacks any support at all. I think Juwell hung on to the design longer than others and took a while to adopt the typical swing-out flat bar design.

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

28-11-2022 14:59:58  #6

Uwe wrote:

mikeytap wrote:

Strange paper support.

Zig-zag supports were not uncommon for '30s German models such as the Juwell Modell 3. My Modell 2 (below) lacks any support at all. I think Juwell hung on to the design longer than others and took a while to adopt the typical swing-out flat bar design.

Interesting. I didn't know Olympia had used those on early machines. The jagged look certainly fulfills the goth vibe for Wednesday Adams. 

- Be kind 

Board footera