You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

09-12-2022 10:50:08  #1

1969 Hermes 10 Help Needed…

1969 Hermes 10 Help Needed…

Does anyone have a 1969 (first year) Hermes 10  Electric ?   It is the early variation without a left-hand carriage release button.

If so, would you be willing to remove the left-side carriage end-cover and take a few photos of the line-spacing and ratchet sprocket mechanism ?

I have a friend who is trying to figure out why his line-spacing does not advance the paper when he uses the power return key-top.

I have a 1971 Hermes 10 that was redesigned to accommodate the addition of the left-hand carriage release button and in that redesign, the line-advancing mechanism was significantly revised to make room for that carriage release button/mechanism addition.

So the photos of my machine are no help to him for his 1969-made machine.

I am hoping to get photos of a “working” 1969 machine so he can look at those and compare those to what he sees on his 1969 machine.

2-3 photo views from the side and from the top with the carriage end-cover removed would be most helpful and appreciated.

09-12-2022 13:04:57  #2

Re: 1969 Hermes 10 Help Needed…

And here is a photo of that area on my 1971-made machine.  You can see the white, round carriage release push-button.

And a photo of my friend's 1969-made machine...missing the left carriage release push button, entirely.

Board footera