You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

13-12-2022 20:06:53  #21

Re: The Movement Is Spreading

Thanks, Pete.  That's the same one (I remember the scratch on the side).  The seller never replied to me the first time.

There was an even nicer one locally for $50 a few days ago.  I mentioned it to my wife.  The next day, I was going to inquire, but the ad was gone.  There's an outside chance that she bought if for me, but I'm not going to inquire about it until after Christmas.  Here's hoping...

14-12-2022 18:24:10  #22

Last Christmas Season, I bought this Pfaff Model 360 sewing machine (made in Germany in the 1960's) for my wife's main present.

I was sneaky and hid it "in plain sight" on the floor/corner of my hobby room.   It was the same sized cardboard box as many typewriters coming in. 

She noted "oh another typewriter, huh ? ".  Me : " Yep. "

And I surprised her with it on Christmas morning.

She will not fall for that chicanery from me, again...

15-12-2022 07:04:16  #23

Nice machine. I bet it "purrs"

- Be kind 

15-12-2022 10:26:48  #24

She loves it.  She has 7 or so machines all from the 1950's to the late 1960's and this is her favourite one to use.

We did a good cleaning and oil/grease service and it will run for 30 years, easily. 

It came from a 1-owner home with its service record, too.

25-12-2022 00:55:59  #25

OregonJim wrote:

Pete E. wrote:

Another one FS in Boise ID...I think this is a different one than the earlier posting...

Thanks, Pete.  That's the same one (I remember the scratch on the side).  The seller never replied to me the first time.

There was an even nicer one locally for $50 a few days ago.  I mentioned it to my wife.  The next day, I was going to inquire, but the ad was gone.  There's an outside chance that she bought if for me, but I'm not going to inquire about it until after Christmas.  Here's hoping...

Well, it's Christmas Eve and the family just left.  My wife and I exchange presents on Christmas morning, but the rest of the family chose this evening to exchange gifts.  Long story short, it wasn't my wife that snagged that KHM for me - it was my daughter-in-law!  What a sweetheart.  It's fully functional, not even a sticky key, but it does still need a deep clean - lots of dust bunnies inside.  It's from 1936:

Merry Christmas to all!

25-12-2022 11:27:28  #26

Merry Christmas and congratulations. Looks like a lovely machine!

25-12-2022 19:03:30  #27

Hi Jim,

That is one fine family you have !  Such a beauty of a Royal.  Congratulations !!!

25-12-2022 22:31:09  #28

Thanks Rob & Pete.  Here she is after a cleaning and adjustment.  I typed several pages with a fresh ribbon, and all the letters are even and aligned vertically and horizontally, no skipping, no hiccups.  This 87 year old girl acts like a teenager!

Board footera