You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

21-6-2022 14:43:13  #1871

Re: Recent Acquisitions Thread

Mikeytap,

Any chance some JB Weld metal epoxy with little narrow strips cut from a coke-can might work ?  Metal tin-snips work well to cut a can.

Is it possible your ribbon cover came from another machine ?  Looking at the TWDB,,,there are machines (solid colour) in both of those colours.

Worst case if the machine is not repairable, that lovely travel case might work really well for an Olivetti Lettra 22 or even a 32.

21-6-2022 16:00:33  #1872

Pete E. wrote:

Mikeytap,

Any chance some JB Weld metal epoxy with little narrow strips cut from a coke-can might work ?  Metal tin-snips work well to cut a can.

Is it possible your ribbon cover came from another machine ?  Looking at the TWDB,,,there are machines (solid colour) in both of those colours.

Worst case if the machine is not repairable, that lovely travel case might work really well for an Olivetti Lettra 22 or even a 32.

Yes, all possible. Would be easier if it was a flat to flat mating instead broken at the bend. I could add a flat splint. I suppose I could make 90 degree splints with metal from a can as suggested. If you ever have an Everest K3 you know where to get a parts machine. For now I'm going to put it aside for another day.

The same guy also gave me a Royal 10. Not my kind of machine but maybe I'll display it somewhere in the house. Visitors will want to look through those glass windows to see the goldfish. 

- Be kind 

23-6-2022 10:17:57  #1873

New Facit TP-2, 1968. I have a TP-2 in blue but couldn't pass up a deal on this one. Great condition.

- Be kind 

23-6-2022 19:34:14  #1874

Always a great NTD when another Facit shows up. 

Lovely machine & case !  Congratulations !

23-6-2022 23:20:05  #1875

I have a JP-7 on the way but won't say any more unless it actually doesn't suck when it gets here. Gonna be travelin and wanted something small and good. Not a fan of plastic but willing to give it a chance if its as good or better than other Brothers I've had

24-6-2022 05:53:39  #1876

Pete E. wrote:

Always a great NTD when another Facit shows up. 

Lovely machine & case !  Congratulations !

Yes, thank you sir. It came with the cover as well. Carriage slide is so smooth on these things. 

- Be kind 

01-2-2023 23:49:46  #1877

Received my first non-typebar machine. I'm looking forward to getting it running and trying various shuttles I've collected. For a while now, I've been thinking about trying 3D printing shuttles, much like the recent 3D printed Blickensderfer type wheels (The Typewriter Revolution blog: New typewheels for the Blickensderfer typewriter (writingball.blogspot.com)). If successful, I'd love to try some contemporary typefaces on one.

This machine is also a fitting one on which to pause my typewriter buying for a while. My purchasing habits far outran the speed at which I'm able to tackle new machines on the workbench, so it's time to catch up with my backlog. Much as I'd love to dig into the Hammond, my SG-1 is next on my workshop dance card. 

Interesting side note: As I'd only seen Multiplexes in books and online, I had no clear idea how big they were. I thought they were really tiny, but it turns out to be in the ballpark of a series 5:

02-2-2023 07:13:23  #1878

A friend picked up this Hermes Rocket for me at a thrift shop. My first Hermes. The tiny keys would take some getting use to and there is some pesky tape residue. 

The cover is held on by tiny screws and I dropped one on the carpeted floor under my bench. Hey, when you get on your knees with a light you'll discover a whole new world down there.

- Be kind 

20-2-2023 09:49:08  #1879

Beautiful mint condition Olympia SM3/4 from the auction site: "ShopGoodWill.com" for 139 dollars.
Will do a complete clean and service on it in due time. Works great.
Dark maroon keys. Very nice subtle touch.
Color is reddish rather than orange. Maybe picture settings on my iphone were off.

20-2-2023 15:00:24  #1880

Kalani,

The SM3 has manually set Tab stops along its back-panel Tab rail.

The SM4 has key-top for set & clear on both sides of the space bar.

Nice machine you won.  Could the color be Tan or Maroon ?

Board footera