You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

28-2-2023 09:42:50  #1

SGW auctions that end early.

I've noticed lately some desirable typewriters that are gather bids and the abruptly show as Ended, well before the end date and says no bids. What's up with that?

- Be kind 

28-2-2023 09:44:17  #2

Re: SGW auctions that end early.

Should have proved that before I sent. But maybe that's the way we talk down here.

- Be kind 

28-2-2023 09:56:06  #3

Not sure if Goodwill operates this way, but isn't it possible that the individual stores run auctions concurrently with offering the item in store? And if that item is sold in store, the auction is then prematurely closed? There's likely something in the website's fine print that details why an auction might unexpectedly be ended.

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

28-2-2023 13:40:14  #4

You can send them a message and ask.

28-2-2023 15:58:58  #5

From the Goodwill website's FAQ page:

QUESTION: Why did the auction I was bidding on end early?

ANSWER: Sometimes something goes wrong and a listing cannot be completed as planned. Reasons for ending listings early include:
>The item is no longer available for sale
>There was an error in the starting price or reserve amount
>There was a significant error and/or discrepancy in the listing description
>The item was lost or broken
>The item was prohibited

​If the auction you were bidding on ended early, your bid will be retracted and you will receive an email indicating the reason for the retraction.

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

02-3-2023 14:49:01  #6

I had won a $ 4.99 auction in the past for a nice Silent Super.  After winning the auction, I got a note from SGW that they had cancelled the auction with no other explanation.

I emailed the shop asking why but never got a reply. 

Figured they did not want to let the machine go for so low.  It may have been relisted with time...but I usually do not care to track such...

Or maybe they decided to leave it on their retail shelves in the store.

Board footera