You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

08-10-2014 20:31:17  #11

Re: Correction Paper - Erasers - White Out - Which One?

Typo207 wrote:

Are you referring to the ribbon with black on top and white on bottom?
In my experience (maybe I have cheap stuff) but the white out tends to splatter not only on the platen but on the ribbon vibrator and fingers. It's messy.

I was talking before about liquid white-out, but I totally know what you mean about the correcting black/white ribbon! Those things made one of my typewriters look like a snow covered mountain inside before I really knew better/thought about it!

08-10-2014 23:47:14  #12

JustAnotherGuy wrote:

... I use my NOS typing paper and use a regular pencil eraser.

So, what is NOS typing paper?

John

Mr. John Pagan
Type-Enthusiast 

09-10-2014 10:55:16  #13

Liv2BTru2u wrote:

JustAnotherGuy wrote:

... I use my NOS typing paper and use a regular pencil eraser.

So, what is NOS typing paper?

John

NOS stands for New Old Stock and is a common abbreviation in the realm of old stuff. It means that the thing was never sold by a dealer (New) and was found among his "Old Stock" when the inventory was liquidated. 

"NOS typing paper" is somewhat misleading, though, as there were a lot of different papers sold as being specifically for typwriters and I think the OP is referring to "eraseable paper", which has a special coating. See this article for a concise description <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eaton%27s_Corrasable_Bond>.

== Michael Höhne

09-10-2014 21:29:29  #14

Yeah, that's what I meant. Sorry for any confusion.

I use heavy weight Eaton's Corrasable, to be exact

09-10-2014 22:24:06  #15

JustAnotherGuy wrote:

I use heavy weight Eaton's Corrasable, to be exact

Aren't you in the United States? Where on earth did you get a supply of paper that was originally sold by a Canadian department store that went belly up many years ago?!? 

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

10-10-2014 00:06:39  #16

I think you're joking, Uwe, right? Eaton's Corrasable Bond was made by the Eaton Paper Co. of Pittsfield, Massachusetts. I don't know when they stopped production, but you can still find it offered on the auction sites. Sometimes.

10-10-2014 09:05:00  #17

No, I wasn't joking.

Eaton's, if you live in Canada, was a major department store that for the longest time was a prominant name for Canadian shoppers. The company sold typewriters - some branded with its own name - and typewriter paraphernalia too, so when I read "Eaton's" it was natural that the store first came to my mind. Conversely, I've never heard of the Eaton paper company from Massachusetts. This is an international forum after all, so it's not a strectch that a mix-up involving local names can happen. My apologies. The NOS source makes more sense to me now.

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

10-10-2014 12:44:24  #18

I got my paper from eBay

That is a very nice looking Eaton's Super 5! I love the colors.

10-10-2014 14:13:38  #19

JustAnotherGuy wrote:

I got my paper from eBay

A type sample on that paper would be something interesting to look at. 

14-10-2014 19:45:49  #20

Is there anything close to this paper being made today? I'm assuming not...

Board footera