You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

05-4-2023 21:50:26  #1

A Good Looking Case Gets My Attention Everytime...

I am drawn to good looking cases.

Bringing this one home from SGW in a week or so.

Royal "Parade" ultra-portable made in the 1958 to 1966 time frame.  Same time frame as my two Royal Futura 800's.

It's a portable with a full Tabulator function with user-set Tab stops and it has a ribbon colour selector switch on the outside of the case located low, on the right side of the machine in front of the carriage.

I think I have a new colour scheme in mind for the machine, already.

It has been a few months since I have had my hands on a new-to-me manual typewriter...looking forward to exploring this one.

And am still so disappointed that Facit never came out with one of their own...

06-4-2023 14:03:22  #2

Re: A Good Looking Case Gets My Attention Everytime...

I think you'll really like this machine; it's a solid typer with a clean, well-balanced design.

When it comes to the Parade's (and Royalite's) case, I always thought the briefcase version was noteworthy. It's not the only portable that featured one, but it's still neat. It's certainly far better than the Olivetti tote case!

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

06-4-2023 17:55:29  #3

Lovely machines and one heck of a case !

07-4-2023 22:04:40  #4

The cases are nice, but is that a big plastic ribbon cover? 

08-4-2023 10:00:06  #5

Hi John,

I assume the ribbon cover is plastic...but will confirm on Tuesday when it comes in.

Here is my 1962 Triumph Perfekt that I got out of Canada.  All aluminum body with a nice plastic ribbon cover.

08-4-2023 10:02:22  #6

Same with my 1964 Triumph Tippa...

08-4-2023 11:49:44  #7

ESC4P3 wrote:

The cases are nice, but is that a big plastic ribbon cover? 

No, it's definitely a metal ribbon cover on the Parade. And although I haven't used the comparable generation Royalites I have in a while, I'm certain they are metal too. 

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

08-4-2023 12:38:47  #8

Very nice looking Pete.
Uwe, it appears the red parade you posted has some slight differences than the one Pete is showing. The cover on his surely looks like a molded plastic, but he will let us know for sure. Obviously the cases are different. Perhaps earlier models had a metal ribbon cover while later ones went to plastic as happened with many typewriters?

08-4-2023 12:41:09  #9

Oops, now I see the last photo In Uwe’s post does look the same as Pete’s, so we’ll see.

09-4-2023 10:24:19  #10

Hi John,

The machine in Uwe's posting (the last photo) is of a Royalite machine and not the Parade.

The Parade gained a 2-colour ribbon selection feature and full Tabulator feature  And the touch-control lever inside the ribbon cover..  Royalite is without these enhancements being a budget offering to customers.

My Parade is coming one day early, this Monday...so will be able to confirm metal ribbon cover, then.

Board footera