You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

26-4-2024 18:46:06  #81

Re: Stapler

Nice work Mr. Pete. I like the level of lustre on the machine. The Ace stapler family seems to be paying homage.

I don't have any Royals in my collection but have to say that I typed on a club member's green Futura 800 a while back and it was pretty sweet. 

- Be kind 

26-4-2024 19:16:38  #82

Influenced by Pete I've collected these Ace stapler colors. The black one is NOS with box. I reach for the light green one most often. I think I have all I need! Interesting that the staples on the older models splay out to the sides when stapled.  

[img]webgreen.com/staplers.jpg[/img]

- Be kind 

26-4-2024 20:51:23  #83

Lovely collection and colours, Mike.  Congratulations !!!

BTW...the "anvil" on both the Ace Liner and the Ace Cadets move forward and backwards to switch between a staple and a pin.  It is a bit stiff to move the anvil front and back.  Mine "snap" into position.  If yours do not move, you might try a squirt of PB Blaster if some rust has developed.

My wife tells me "pinning" is what you did to hold draft-work together...and the pin could easily be pulled out with your finger nails.  No worry about a staple remover tearing up the papers.

27-4-2024 05:43:16  #84

Pete E. wrote:

Lovely collection and colours, Mike.  Congratulations !!!

BTW...the "anvil" on both the Ace Liner and the Ace Cadets move forward and backwards to switch between a staple and a pin.  It is a bit stiff to move the anvil front and back.  Mine "snap" into position.  If yours do not move, you might try a squirt of PB Blaster if some rust has developed.

My wife tells me "pinning" is what you did to hold draft-work together...and the pin could easily be pulled out with your finger nails.  No worry about a staple remover tearing up the papers.
Interesting. I did no realize that the anvil could slide back and forth. Nothing about it on the box so I imagine few users were ever aware. 

- Be kind 

27-4-2024 05:47:23  #85

. . . and the sliding anvil,
I just realized what you are saying, that the pin position is what splays the staple legs out to to the sides. I learned something new.

- Be kind 

27-4-2024 13:02:48  #86

Mike,

1 of 2 of my Ace-Liner boxes has this printed on the bottom.  The other box has no printing.

I like their "hand plier" info.

Based on the metal bottoms of some of these staplers being dented in, I think many were used as a "hammer" to mount stuff on the office walls, too.

Board footera