You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

24-10-2014 22:28:03  #1

Royal KHM

A local store in my town is unfortunately going out of business soon, but they will have Royal KHM for sale before they do. The machine is in perfect condition except for a few paint chips and it needs a good cleaning. I was just wondering how much I should pay for it, and if it's a good typer.

A high schooler with a lot of typewriters. That's pretty much about it.

25-10-2014 17:18:55  #2

Re: Royal KHM

I rank the KHM, actually all Royal standards from the '30s to '50s, very highly. They are superb machines for serious typing, and they can look good too on your desk. What the model is worth depends on many factors, most important of them would be their availability in your area. It's a common machine where I live, so I couldn't see myself paying more than $75 for one in extraordinarily good condition. I'd have to check my database to make sure, but I think that I paid around $40 for this particular KHM a year ago.

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

25-10-2014 17:26:16  #3

I think UWE is right on par, and that is a most beautiful machine! Was this store using the typewriter as part of their business?

Last edited by Ektagraphic (25-10-2014 17:26:24)

25-10-2014 19:06:26  #4

No, they were not. It was for display only. Which I was very surprised that it still worked when I secretly did a quick test of everything when they went into the back room (I couldn't help myself). So I think the most I will pay will be $50.

A high schooler with a lot of typewriters. That's pretty much about it.

Board footera