You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

15-11-2014 16:59:50  #1

Hmm... interesting...

I was wondering how much typewriters usually go for on Kijiji (a lot more than what I would want to pay for one, as it turns out) but while looking through the listings I found this very interesting one: http://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details.html?adId=1020234481 (listing is in French).
Of course I don't have the money or space for 100 typewriters, but that sure would be tempting if I did.  I wonder how this person came to have so many?

15-11-2014 22:27:04  #2

Re: Hmm... interesting...

It I was in Montreal I wouldn't hesitate to buy that collection without haggling over the price - it's worth it. I have a nephew there, but he wouldn't have the space to handle them for me. As for having 100 machines? Come on, that's a casual collector's collection! 

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

16-11-2014 08:44:40  #3

Let's see .... I can be in Montreal in five hours ... Can I fit 100 typewriters in my Mini Cooper?

16-11-2014 12:01:33  #4

RWWGreene wrote:

Can I fit 100 typewriters in my Mini Cooper?

I hear that you can do wonders with a roof rack! 

It's not just the room 100 typewriters take up, but the weight too. That collection would easiy be in the 2,000 pound range. If you don't have a truck or trailer of some kind it would definitlely be a challange to move that many machines in one go.

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

Board footera