You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

19-10-2014 19:56:44  #11

Re: What hobbies do you have?

I wish I could say that I had any other hobbies, but so far collecting typewriters and doing small repairs on them is it. And I found out that I really enjoy it recently. Though I want to work my way up to complete disassembly so I can service my own and maybe offer my services as a side job before college to buy more typewriters. (I think I have a serious problem...) But as of right now, this is my favorite thing to do.

A high schooler with a lot of typewriters. That's pretty much about it.

19-10-2014 22:29:12  #12

ztyper wrote:

But as of right now, this is my favorite thing to do.

Nothing wrong with that! 

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

02-11-2014 11:17:19  #13

I love photography, duck hunting and archery. Also I ride a motorcycle daily and enjoy tinkering with most machines.

02-11-2014 11:42:56  #14

Yay for another photog!

03-11-2014 13:12:23  #15

My main hobby is photography as well. Followed by motorcycles, hunting (especially waterfowl) and cooking. Hunting season is my favorite because we cannot kill it if we won't eat it. I like to cook "classic dishes" with venison, ducks or other wild game. The original "organic"!

23-11-2014 16:29:14  #16

Recently this year I have been working on my second tesla coil, it's a big fella.. But For the past few years I've been building DIY lasers with various wavelengths.

Alittle of this alittle of that...

Last edited by Typo207 (23-11-2014 16:30:10)

21-1-2015 11:46:51  #17

I have dabbled in model railroading, but I'm more dedicated to amateur radio (callsign KD8UZK), photography and collecting. By this writing I've stashed away Polaroid Cameras, 35mm cameras, Super 8mm cameras, a VHSC camcorder, typewriters of course, telephones, vintage computers, vintage game consoles, VHS tapes, Laserdiscs, Capacitance Electronic Discs, Viewmaster materials, vinyl LPs, vinyl 45s, shellac 78s, cassette tapes, 8-track tapes, CDs, reel-to-reel tape equipment, vintage amateur radio equipment, vintage 'movie' lights, aeronautical and nautical memorabillia. I'd like to get into vintage TVs and Radios, but those are a little our of my price range at the moment. All of these things still work through luck or repair.

15-2-2015 23:23:42  #18

I typewriters!!!
Oh, you mean besides typewriters?
I have a penchant for vintage everything!
I love to scour thrift stores and the web for vintage treasures. Arrr!
I currently own: a 1966 Ford Mustang (needs repair), Califone record player, RCA Victrola portable, Super 8 projector, Canon AE-1 Program, Nash Cruiser roller skates, a 1950s chrome dinette set, vintage owl figurines, Atari 7800, Nintendo, Apple IIe, MacPlus, old books, tons of rubber stamps, and of course some vintage clothes (old school teacher dresses included).
I delve in arts and crafts from time to time as well.
I also enjoy collecting school and teacher related vintage things (as I am a few months away from earning my teaching credential).
But alas, money and space (lack of both) hold me back.
I'm excited to see what others post...

My blog: http://papelymaquina.blogspot.com/  
            Photo gallery: http://papelymaquina.imgur.com/

30-3-2015 08:40:03  #19

My kids and husband are fond of saying that my hobby is starting new hobbies.  I've done/do: stained glass, pottery, photography, tatting, sewing, bookbinding... Oh gosh, many others through the years.

I don't collect much, except I do collect (and play with) vintage spirographs. I also love to read.  I don't really consider that a hobby, but I've always loved to read and I'm always in a book (kindle these days).  I like fantasy and sci-fi, but I'll read just about anything and everything.

Last edited by Spazmelda (30-3-2015 08:42:30)

30-3-2015 19:17:40  #20

Funny, but the other things that I do, I don't consider to be 'hobbies'; they are essential investigations!

I have a few vintage caculators - if you thnik TWs are complicated inside, just take a look inside an electro-mechanical calculator from the late 1920s.  Surprised a young relation recently with one of those; checking his maths homework with this ancient black box covered with buttons and levers; it whirred and chugged its way through calulations as his eyes grew wider and wider - so funny to watch.

Drawing and designing for a living, I have acquired some beautiful old draughting tools.  I love showing how they work so well to folk who have never drawn anything except on a computer. 

I like to make things from wood, and to repair old wooden things.  Can't stand seeing perfectly servicable and well made vintage timber furniture dumped on the side of the road to rot or be land-fill; I drag it home and mend and re-finish it, and then I usually give it to someone.  Best find so far was a small (3 ft tall) Arts & Crafts book rack in American white oak; it had lost one of the wedges to a through tenon, so someone decided to chuck it away!  Friends are often embarrassed by my stopping the car unexpectedly and rumaging through piles of junk next to dustbins. 

The list of 'hobbies' is a long one....  there's so much to be interested in.  Time is not a problem; I never watch TV!

Last edited by beak (30-3-2015 19:20:23)

Sincerely,
beak.

Board footera