You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

28-11-2014 16:41:29  #1

Royal Electress and Smith-Corona Super Correct

Hello,I recently picked up two typewriters that were on sale for Black Friday for 5 bucks each. The Smith Corona is in working condition, types smoothly and has a case and manual. The Royal needs some sprucing up and de-sticking (which I intend to do) but is also in working condition and has a cover and manual. If I were to put them up on ebay (separately) what would be a reasonable amount to ask?Thanks.

29-11-2014 16:47:12  #2

Re: Royal Electress and Smith-Corona Super Correct

Here are some photographs:

[/img]
[/img]

29-11-2014 21:28:20  #3

I would put these up for no more than $60. The Smith-Corona would be around $30-40 because it's not a highly desirable model. But if it works, then someone will buy it. And it comes with the manual so that's a plus. The Electress on the other hand, is more valuable. I have never really seen an Electress for some reason, only its counterpart the Empress. Since the Electress is a bit more rare, I'd do $50-60. Especially since it comes with its own manual. So those are in my opinion fair prices. Be be warned: just because it's a typewriter, doesn't mean it'll sell. So go lower than what you usually see on ebay. They're WAY overpriced. Though I hope they sell!

A high schooler with a lot of typewriters. That's pretty much about it.

29-11-2014 23:05:33  #4

I don't know where you live - that is an important factor when asking about what a machine might be worth - but if you were in my area I'd definitely be after that Electress; I've been looking for one for a while now to compliment my Empress.

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

30-11-2014 08:56:21  #5

I live In Pennsylvania. It's really hard to find information about the Electress - do you have anything you can pass on?

01-5-2016 23:49:17  #6

I am not sure if what you mean is where you can find one, I am not sure.  But if you want to know about one, I can tell you a few things:  For one thing, they have a rather pleasing touch and action, about like a type bar IBM, and just as smooth.  The return doesn't jar the desk.  The print is usually good--as least the ones I've owned.  And here's an interesting factoid:  The Royal Electress is the first typewriter that was completely designed by a computer, which is really something considering they were first available about 1962, and computers filled up whole rooms, had a fraction of the power that an I-Phone has, and the idea of a printer is a modified electric typewriter atop a machine called a Robotyper.

Underwood--Speeds the World's Bidness

Board footera