You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

07-12-2014 20:31:09  #1

The infamous Litton machines

I was looking online about the typewriter Litton made back in the 60's and 70's. But I cannot find many reviews about the actual machines that they made. I have a Litton Royal 200, and I like it, but I can't find anyone else reviewing it. Can anyone please tell me more?

A high schooler with a lot of typewriters. That's pretty much about it.

08-12-2014 10:39:18  #2

Re: The infamous Litton machines

Litton Industries was a large corporation that added Royal McBee to its portfolio of typewriter manufacturers in 1964. The company owned many typewriter manufacturers as well, but wasn't a manufacturer itself. Incidentally, there were multiple dozens of typewriter models produced by Royal and the other Litton subsidiaries during that period, so you're asking about a large number of typewriters if you want to know about "Litton-made" models. With respect to your Royal 200, it was actually produced by Silver-Seiko in Japan for Royal.

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

08-12-2014 16:59:34  #3

I know that Litton made dozens of models. And I was comparing an Imperial Litton model with my Royal 200, and they are the exact same typewriter. I just want to know what people think of these typewriters. I don't care what model, make, or manufacturer it's from.

10-12-2014 07:35:11  #4

I used to have a Litton-Royal 990. The type action and design were great, build quality not so much.

10-12-2014 19:02:29  #5

I got that feeling too. It types well, just not of the best quality. But at least it's an all metal body.

Board footera