You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

08-11-2014 23:52:22  #161

Re: New Member Thread

I absolutely love the Royal Portable. A great choice in a typewriter my friend. And welcome to the site! I actually just realized that I never formally introduced myself here... But I am Z, I have four machine total. Two Royals and Two Olympias. They are my favorite brand of typewriter for some reason, but I'll take anything really.

A high schooler with a lot of typewriters. That's pretty much about it.

15-11-2014 16:14:14  #162

Hi everyone,
I live in Montreal and just found my first typewriter.  Okay, actually my second.  My first is a ca. 1920's Underwood, not sure what model as I don't have it with me at the moment.  I got it at a yardsale for two dollars a while back, but it doesn't work.  I think someone may have used it for parts and then put it back together.  
Anyway, fast-forward to present day and I recently found a Royal Senior Commander portable in perfect condition on a pile of trash.  Apart from some difficulty figuring out how to respool the ribbon it's worked perfectly and I've been using it for writing for the past few days.  Although I have no intention of starting a typewriter collection (I definitely don't have room for that!) the machines certainly have quite the allure to them.  

16-11-2014 20:14:29  #163

So im a bit late, as i posted two post here before i saw this. but my name is cerissa, im 23 and im brand new to typewriters. right now all i have is a sears correcter electric typewriter, though im getting a manual typewriter soon. so i have a ton of stuff to learn, but i look forward to it.

16-11-2014 21:29:09  #164

Welcome HabsFan and Cerissa! 

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

24-11-2014 08:16:47  #165

Hey people,
I'm Mickey, In London Uk.
I got a typwriter because I was tired of being distracted by the constant drug/drag of the internet. Oh and I love the sound, look, texture as well : )

Last edited by strang (25-11-2014 17:38:31)

24-11-2014 21:50:35  #166

Hello Mickey, and welcome!  I know what you mean exactly.

Sincerely,
beak.

08-12-2014 11:00:50  #167

Hello from chilly Upstate New York! I just joined the forum because I have a few typewriters and want to learn more about them. I sure could use a little help navigating the areas of the forum. For example, I'm currently converting an old Corona to be used as a USB keyboard. I'd love to know what area of the forum I may find others interested in something like that. I also have a Royal from the '30's that I'm trying to learn more about because the serial prefix isn't listed anywhere! I'm sure there are a couple of veterans out there that can show me where the best place to post about such topics.
Thanks!

08-12-2014 13:16:18  #168

Welcome to TT Chris! I would suggest posting your '30s Royal in either the Portable Typewriter or Standard Typewriter sub-forum depending on which type of machine it is. As for the Corona, I'd add it to Typewriter Paraphernalia

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

12-12-2014 09:19:31  #169

Hello, My name is Elise.  I'm new to collecting and fixing typewriters.  My first typewriter I got in May this year.  It is a Spanish Olympia SG1.  Its in great condition so I haven't had to fix anything.  I have acquired a few other fixer uppers: Remington Rand, Corona Standard, Adler Tippa S, and Underwood Master Touch 5. My dad has an old LC Smith 8 waiting for me when I visit too.

I'm not a writer.  I just like the sound and feel of the machines, as well as the look and the typefaces.  I have an afinity for foreign language so of course I prefer those machines over English, especially German type.

My grandfather wrote and refused to use computers. Luckily I am inheriting his typewriters, so I know they will still have a good home.  I think 2 are Underwoods, one Royal, and maybe a Corona. They were almost donated!!!! I'm excited to get them out on display and channel his creative energy. 

I'm here to learn more about typewriters, in general, and to improve my repairing skills.  I'm a crafty woman, but machines and gears are new to me.   

12-12-2014 11:50:27  #170

Long live the SG1! Welcome to TT, Elise! 

Board footera