You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

16-11-2014 11:02:47  #11

Re: SG Owners Club

Nice SG1! I think the variations between the machines over the years are interesting. I believe mine is a 1951 if I remember correctly, and I don't have a 1 key like you do on your machine. Also, many keys are in other places on my machine such as the fractions and the ! key. 

16-11-2014 11:56:48  #12

I was wondering when Beak was going to join the club! Now we just need Mr. Greene (and anyone else) to show us his SG1. 

Stay Safe! 

17-11-2014 06:13:22  #13

Ektagraphic wrote:

Nice SG1! I think the variations between the machines over the years are interesting. I believe mine is a 1951 if I remember correctly, and I don't have a 1 key like you do on your machine. Also, many keys are in other places on my machine such as the fractions and the ! key. 

Yes, Olympia in particular seem to have offered many interesting keyboards.  I have a soft spot for the mathematical / algerbraic version, which I think I have seen on the SM3&4 too, and shall perhaps find one, on day!

Sincerely,
beak.

25-12-2014 06:12:52  #14

I have a SM3 with Imperial typeface. Awesome ;)) Early 60s, probably from some city authority in Germany. (Imperial seems perfect for birth or marriage certificates.)

Anybody a suggestion with what to replace the four plastic holders of the top body? I put some loose rubber bearings between top and base, which helps a bit but does not really fix and prevent from rattling.

Thank you for any advice - and happy holidays!
Best, Claudia

05-1-2015 23:01:05  #15

Count me in as a member of the club since I just got my first one today. I'll post a picture tomorrow. I have been checking it and learning about it and I have a question. When I move the carriage by pressing the carriage release levers the carriage makes a noise that is not exactly a grinding noise but similar. More like a constant clicking noise. What is that and why is it happening?

Thanks,

Steve

Time is something you can never get back, use it wisely.

06-1-2015 01:04:46  #16

curly wrote:

Count me in as a member of the club since I just got my first one today.

Congrats Steve, and welcome to the club! 

curly wrote:

When I move the carriage by pressing the carriage release levers the carriage makes a noise that is not exactly a grinding noise but similar. More like a constant clicking noise. What is that and why is it happening?

A grinding noise doesn't sound right. It should be making more of a whirring noise, which is just the sound of its massive escapement pinion wheel spinning.

Stay Safe! 

06-1-2015 15:37:47  #17

My 10 yr old daughter asked Santa for a old typewriter.  Apparently he scrambled and found her an old SG1 which is now on my living room floor.  It works fairly well, he sent a new ribbon with it, but it does needs some TLC.  Next mission is to find someone who knows how to do that. 

06-1-2015 15:42:38  #18

Looks like your daughter might be the youngest member of our SG1 club. Santa couldn't have delivered a better machine. 

Stay Safe! 

06-1-2015 23:35:06  #19

Congrats to all of the new SG owners! Mine once made a similar grinding noise but has not made it since, I think I realized that I was not depressing the buttons all the way

11-2-2015 17:27:51  #20

Hello!

I would like to join. I picked up this 1956 SG1 30 miles from my house this morning.  It needs a good cleaning, but everything is working fine. Once I get it cleaned up I will post proper pictures.

Dave
http://i968.photobucket.com/albums/ae166/davephilips/IMG_2559.jpg

Los Angeles, CA

Board footera