You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

27-3-2015 16:26:04  #1


Missing assembly on 1945 Smith Corona Silent

There's a missing assembly on this old typer, but I don't really know what it looks like. If anyone has a comparable machine, I'd love to see a pic of this particular area on the bottom.



Here's a short video showing how the space bar and key presses move arms that are not connected to anything at all. What's missing? Do I have any hope of replacing or jury-rigging something up? I'd love to get this old machine typing. The tab key works, so the spring is fine. 


 

 

28-3-2015 13:45:31  #2


Re: Missing assembly on 1945 Smith Corona Silent

Hope these photos help. What an odd part to have disappeared from the machine; I'm sure there's a good story in there somewhere. Let me know if you need more photos or information.


 

28-3-2015 15:28:10  #3


Re: Missing assembly on 1945 Smith Corona Silent

Thank you, Uwe. That's extremely helpful! I actually had a nice gentleman on youtube (who I recently bought typerwriter from) tell me he could scavenge the parts from one of his machines. It looks like I just might be able to get this thing operational. Very excited.

     •Thread Starter
 

Board footera