You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

29-3-2015 09:20:23  #11

Re: Adler Special

Kat, thanks for posting the pic of the Tippa. I love the orange and black. It looks like a little pumpkin or a halloween decoration. The "big Adler" looks like it cleaned up nicely, too. I'll go check out the type sample now . . .

31-3-2015 16:58:10  #12

WIWriter, has your Tippa arrived yet? Pictures and a report please! If you start a new tippa thread in the Portables section we can compare notes... 

08-4-2015 03:07:09  #13

KatLondon wrote:

.......the Special ........I

Here's a find for you: the service manual for your Adler special in English.

http://liv2type.liv2btru2u.com/?wpfb_dl=31

The site it came from also has user manuals for similar machines:

http://liv2type.liv2btru2u.com/resources/

Last edited by beak (08-4-2015 03:10:56)

Sincerely,
beak.

08-4-2015 07:36:48  #14

Wow, thanks! That's brilliant. ☺

20-4-2015 19:57:08  #15

This is a post for ztyper since I can't send private messages yet...

I noticed your post regarding your desire to own an Adler on this forum. I found your post during my research before listing an Adler Universal that my father owned. We have listed this item for sale on Ebay with the auction ending this Sunday, 4/26/15.

The auction can be found on ebay under keywords Adler, Universal, 1352006

22-4-2015 18:26:17  #16

overkillbill,

Thank you for the listing you shared about your Adler. It's a beautiful machine, amd I do quite like the bulbous look of the Universal too. As much as I would like to buy it, I unfortunately cannot. I'm kinda short of cash at the moment, and since I'm still only 15 and living under my parent's house, I am not allowed any more machines until I  a) make space or   b) sell one. But I wish you luck on selling your item!

A high schooler with a lot of typewriters. That's pretty much about it.

10-9-2015 14:30:15  #17

Hello—great thread here...I just bought an Adler Record which looks very similar to the photos of the Special that you've posted KatLondon. I can't wait to get the machine cleaned up and was glad to find that link to Richard Polt's article ...the tab and margin buttons are no longer a mystery! "T" of course stands for "Tab", and after a bit of thought, I guess that "R" stands for "Rand".

Btw, the link to the site with online manuals has changed, it's now to be found at www.liv2btru2u.com/personal-interests/typewriters/resources/operation_manuals/ ...just in case anyone else comes this way looking 

10-9-2015 17:46:13  #18

blini wrote:

the tab and margin buttons are no longer a mystery! "T" of course stands for "Tab", and after a bit of thought, I guess that "R" stands for "Rand".

Rand? As in Remington Rand? I would think the R stands for 'release', as in margin release, if we're talking about the machine that is the subject of this thread.

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

11-9-2015 03:44:17  #19

Uwe, if in S Africa it could have been 'rand' as in money - but I'm with you, it's Release ;) 

And C is Clear. The buttons on mine are:

TC - tab clear
MC - margin release 
MR - margin release
T - tab

11-9-2015 09:56:42  #20

KatLondon wrote:

Uwe, if in S Africa it could have been 'rand' as in money  

The Rand wasn't introduced until 1961. Given your Adler is a 1962 model it might have been possible, but then again it would have been a normal type key and not one located on the outside of the keyboard. 

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

Board footera