You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

27-5-2015 12:52:38  #11

Re: Royal HH carriage moves intermittently

My brother and I just bought a seven-piece micro vacuum attachment kit from Schneider Industries and available through Amazon. We've used it on both our old Remingtons and the little Brother portable. We hook it up to a small Dirt Devil and clean the receiver bag each time, so any parts that are accidentally sucked-up are easily recovered. Not that any have been sucked-up thus far. The amount of vacuum is adjustable on the small hose by turning a regulator collar. We like it, and it's been very useful.

Rick

"I'll wrestle you for that typewriter."

28-5-2015 18:25:22  #12

That actually sounds like a good solution cabin boy.  I have been blasting mine with an air compressor and have not had any problems, I don't turn the pressure up super high, just sort of a moderate pressure. It really does a good job at getting that first layer of dust and fluff off.  I think I will start putting them in a cardboard box to do the air compressor though.  Might help catch a part that flies off if that does happen. It makes such short work of getting that initial layer of grime that I think I'm willing to risk a part coming off.

16-6-2015 09:25:08  #13

This is how it looked as I was in the process of cleaning and how it looks now:
https://flic.kr/s/aHskdB8VpF

Just to add my 2 cents to the compressed air discussion: I used a leaf blower, since I don't have an air compressor and didn't want to spend money on compressed air cans. It worked fine, but there was still a lot of dirt when I took off the carriage.

Board footera