You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

02-5-2015 00:47:23  #1

Royal Standard 10 elite typeface?

Hi-

I am thinking of getting a Royal #10, and I prefer elite typefaces. Does anyone know if Royal made them? I'm assuming that they did. However, I have been staring at fuzzy ebay and craigslist pictures trying to read the numbers on the scale to do the math, and I am very confused by the front scale numbers. On the left this scale goes from 40 to 10 descending, and on the right it goes 70 (maybe more, that's all I can see) to 40 descending. I don't really understand how that works, but if I add them up I get 80. Every machine I have seen is like this. Is there a way to tell if a machine is 10pitch or 12 pitch from looking at it? Would the gradations be different sizes? It is too hard to see the paper scale in all the pictures I have run across, so I can't calculate my usual way.

Thanks for any info, and sorry if this is a bonehead question.  I feel like it might be, but I am too tired to make sense of it.

Dave

Los Angeles, CA

02-5-2015 10:48:19  #2

Re: Royal Standard 10 elite typeface?

I think this post might provide some insight. It's for an Underwood and not a Royal, but I think it answers the question. As for the typeface sizes, I'm sure that there are Royal 10s out there equipped with elite, even if they are few and far between. I just checked my Royal standards and the vast majority of them are pica, but I do have a KMG in elite, and moving into later models, a FP and an Empress with elite as well. 

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

29-5-2015 17:32:28  #3

Re: Royal Standard 10 elite typeface?

Look in the center of the type face and it was made by Royal P will pica and E will be elite

Board footera