You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

08-6-2015 13:02:24  #61

Re: Best laugh in typewriter ads

I did notice that the prices on that site are roughly similar to what they machines would have cost new, if you take inflation into account.  For example a $70 in 1965 is roughly equivalent to $525 today. At least according to some random web calculator I found when I googled.

08-6-2015 14:41:36  #62

I found a Smith Corona Sterling (speedline with black crinkle finish) locally on Craigslist that the seller had gotten from that website for almost $600 a few years ago. He had the original paperwork from when he bought it. I got it for considerably less as he was in a hurry to sell it. I have to say that the condition is great. It types like a dream and has a recovered platen, new feet and rollers, etc. So at least that site appears to do good work.

Los Angeles, CA

06-7-2015 08:59:13  #63

Here's one that has been languishing on eBay for a while.  I keep thinking the seller will wise up and drop the price, not that I want it, but it seems a little steep for a parts machine in that condition.

20-7-2015 01:20:12  #64

Sincerely,
beak.

20-7-2015 20:50:59  #65

Well he does say 'negotiable'  ; )

04-8-2015 21:08:09  #66

Actually, Uwe is right about the website prices. I dont think that a refurbished machine would go for that exact price, but still. Anyone buy off of there?

Back from a long break.

Starting fresh with my favorite typer. A Royal Futura!

05-8-2015 06:37:15  #67

Probably not any of us. But we're buying the cheap ones, and in some cases giving work to the repairmen, so ultimately it may just be a different route to the same place.

24-9-2015 12:06:48  #68

Here's a classic. A Hermes 2000 with a really garish repaint is being sold for the crazy price of $400. Calling it a "museum piece" is ridiculous. And it takes a lot more than adding a bunch of copy and pasted text from other websites to your ad to increase the value of a machine ten-fold. Good luck seller. I hope some hipster sucker doesn't end up making a bad decision...

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

01-10-2015 13:32:03  #69

Not an ebay, but local thrift shop - seller asking 100 EUR for this poor, dusty Olympia. Not sure if the bowl is included though, it might add some value...

Heavily infected with typewriter aquisition syndrome... Please help!

01-10-2015 14:49:14  #70

@Uwe Its funny because you can see the difference in color in the copy and pasted text LOL

Back from a long break.

Starting fresh with my favorite typer. A Royal Futura!

Board footera