You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

08-6-2015 18:35:38  #11

Re: Your Ebay watch list

KatLondon wrote:

Ahhh... so we work WITH each other! Radical idea. ;) 

I like this place already.  On one board, some super serious (even cut-throat) telephone collectors take themselves too seriously & get into flame wars.

"I'm bidding on that!  How dare you post while it's still active!"

"It's a public auction dude.  Get real."

Sitting back and watching them bicker like children takes the fun out of the hobby.

So great idea for topic,and Uwe-- if we communicate and cooperate with one another...  What a much better place.

So to topic:
----------------------
E-Bay France - Typewriter Machine a écrire ROYAL "deluxe" Vintage #: 161727916560
----------------------
I don't know about posting others photos, but his one picture brings up good question for novice.

The ribbon holder & some of the keys seem stuck in up position.

"Across the Pond" is a long way just to get a typewriter with keys for french.  Have requested more photos, but his last reply said it's in storage, long way from him, he'll get back with me, etc.

Pass on ones like these-- at least for beginner?

Brian

08-6-2015 20:19:21  #12

Uwe wrote:

Did you look at the keyboard? And the machine is a tripod too. Far better out there for that money.

I saw those things, but I still want it. I don't think there are too many here in North America (I could be, and hopefully am, wrong) so the first chance I get I'm going to hop on a second rate plane with my life savings and hunt for one in the wild with nothing but a screwdriver and a wad of cash. The fact that I know zero German will help a ton 

A high schooler with a lot of typewriters. That's pretty much about it.

08-6-2015 21:11:56  #13

ztyper wrote:

Uwe wrote:

Did you look at the keyboard? And the machine is a tripod too. Far better out there for that money.

I saw those things, but I still want it. I don't think there are too many here in North America (I could be, and hopefully am, wrong) so the first chance I get I'm going to hop on a second rate plane with my life savings and hunt for one in the wild with nothing but a screwdriver and a wad of cash. The fact that I know zero German will help a ton 

That would make a good blog.  Ztyper's Abenteuer en Deutschland- die Schreibmaschine seiner Träume.

Last edited by Spazmelda (08-6-2015 21:15:57)

09-6-2015 10:59:40  #14

Spazmelda wrote:

[That would make a good blog. Ztyper's Abenteuer en Deutschland- die Schreibmaschine seiner Träume.

-or-

Ztyper, Der Reisenden Sammler
Das Deutschland Abenteuer: Erfolg oder Fehlschlag?

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

09-6-2015 11:11:59  #15

BrianE wrote:

I don't know about posting others photos, but his one picture brings up good question for novice.
The ribbon holder & some of the keys seem stuck in up position.

The vibrator (ribbon holder) automatically moves up with any key stroke, which probably explains why it would be in the raised position. And the partially raised type bars are most likely just a sign that the machine is in need of a deep cleaning.

BrianE wrote:

Have requested more photos, but his last reply said it's in storage, long way from him, he'll get back with me, etc.Pass on ones like these-- at least for beginner? 

Royal models are far more plentiful in the U.S., so why buy one that's in France? Is it for the French character set? As an alternative you might want to keep an eye on ebay.ca as there are many typewriters in Canada with French keyboards, and the bonus is that they'll have a QWERTY layout. Most French keyboards, well, the ones I own and the one you're looking at, are AZERTY, which for me is a real pain to use. I would pass on that machine; for that price I'd expect to see detailed photos of an almost pristine model.

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

09-6-2015 11:26:43  #16

Uwe wrote:

Spazmelda wrote:

[That would make a good blog. Ztyper's Abenteuer en Deutschland- die Schreibmaschine seiner Träume.

-or-

Ztyper, Der Reisenden Sammler
Das Deutschland Abenteuer: Erfolg oder Fehlschlag?

Lol.

Here's one that might be of interest for someone wanting an SG3.  I don't know how the 70s models compare to the 60s models.  Hopefully someone can chime in on that.  This is a buy it now auction, on US Ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/181762323159?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Last edited by Spazmelda (09-6-2015 11:27:48)

09-6-2015 12:08:57  #17

Spazmelda wrote:

Here's one that might be of interest for someone wanting an SG3. I don't know how the 70s models compare to the 60s models. Hopefully someone can chime in on that. 

A third generation SG3? Someone should jump on that. It's a bargain - even when you factor in the shipping, which is ridiculously cheap for such a heavy typewriter. It even has the paper rest that often is missing from SG1 and SG3 models.

How does it differ to a SG1, or do you mean earlier SG3 models? It lacks the paper injector system (earlier SG3 versions still had it) and the key cushioning system that was on the SG1, but otherwise it's a very, very nice typewriter to use. Think of it as a slightly better SM9.

09-6-2015 14:46:29  #18

Oh good, I thought that was a good deal, but I wasn't sure. I was tempted by it, even though I don't really want a big Olympia.  It even seems to have the plastic paper rest thing intact.  I think I've read those are elusive? (Oops, missed that Uwe pointed that out).  There are 4 people watching it. I'm not going to get it, but I'd love to know if someone here does!

Last edited by Spazmelda (09-6-2015 14:49:43)

09-6-2015 19:42:44  #19

Uwe wrote:

The vibrator (ribbon holder) automatically moves up with any key stroke, which probably explains why it would be in the raised position. And the partially raised type bars are most likely just a sign that the machine is in need of a deep cleaning.

Royal models are far more plentiful in the U.S., so why buy one that's in France? Is it for the French character set? As an alternative you might want to keep an eye on ebay.ca as there are many typewriters in Canada with French keyboards, and the bonus is that they'll have a QWERTY layout. Most French keyboards, well, the ones I own and the one you're looking at, are AZERTY, which for me is a real pain to use. I would pass on that machine; for that price I'd expect to see detailed photos of an almost pristine model.

Yeah, searched e-bay canada, but nothing for both french & english.  Guess I got lucky finding one from Quebec.  So zoned in on the 'stuck' keys, didn't notice diff. keyboard layout.   Good call thanks.

--Brian  

09-6-2015 19:59:57  #20

You guys have posted up some gorgeous portables earlier in this thread. I'll have to keep on the lookout for some of those!

On other forums, I have never seen "heads up" type posts work out well for auction items. Usually someone gets bent out of shape about having attention drawn to an auction there are interested in. Having said that, it would be awesome if the members of this forum really could cooperate with each other!

When you aren't looking for it... you ALWAYS find it!!!

Board footera