You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

30-6-2015 17:44:09  #21

Re: L.C. Smith & Bros. No 2

I would imagine that a standard Swedish keyboard is the same as a 26 letter latin alphabet keyboard plus three additional letters: ​äÄ åÅ öÖ and possibly an éÉ. And with respect to punctuation marks, the ? should be included.

It may sound strange, but have you looked for any missing key and type bars? I have, more than once, bought machines that had a typebar, and their respective key bar, removed for some reason.

EDIT (again!): We keep posting at the same time! I can't tell from the photo, but could there be a typebar missing from the right side of the P key?

Last edited by Uwe (30-6-2015 17:46:45)

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

30-6-2015 17:45:47  #22

Ah yes i did have a look and it seem not to miss anything ~

30-6-2015 17:46:29  #23

Looks like something would go next to the P key. 

Back from a long break.

Starting fresh with my favorite typer. A Royal Futura!

30-6-2015 17:47:36  #24

And, check all of the slugs and see if there is one with a question mark, indication that someone had removed the key.

Back from a long break.

Starting fresh with my favorite typer. A Royal Futura!

30-6-2015 17:49:48  #25

Ah yes i will look closer tommorow (The time is 12:48 am here now,  so kind of have to sleep)

01-7-2015 04:54:59  #26

it looks like it might be missing two, but at The Base it looks full

01-7-2015 16:25:46  #27

If you look at keyboards from other No. 2 models you'll see that there's usually another key to the right of the 'P' and also to the right of the qoutation mark ("). Your machine has neither, and combined with the two empty slots shown in your photo, I say that those keys were removed at some point as opposed to them having never been installed, because as you pointed out, it's very strange and impractical to not have a question mark.

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

01-7-2015 16:30:53  #28

Do  you think it is possible to reinstall them?  i would love to have a spare parts machine but they are rare here and shipping from US cost a fortune. And i think it would probably be difficult to find just the correct keys + The rest

02-7-2015 10:49:03  #29

I don't see why it wouldn't be possible to install the missing characters, but since I don't own that model I can't comment on how difficult a job it would be. However, I am curious why they would have been removed in the first place. Do you have a professional typewriter repair person in your area that you could consult with? In the meantime it certainly won't hurt to keep your eyes open for a parts machine. You can also create a WTB (want to buy) post here in our Buy & Sell section for those parts. Your request will turn up in searches associated with that model, so maybe you'll get lucky and someone with a parts machine will contact you.

31-8-2015 10:23:33  #30

Okay :D 

I also have another problem with it, the inkribbon becomes loose when typing. I mean isn't it supposed to like wind itself with the mechanism, I know about like the "on" "off" button or what to call it, it works (it engages something) but either way the ribbon still becomes loose when typing :/ and makes the letters not so pretty

Board footera