You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

02-7-2015 11:13:07  #1

If you could make ourselves a new logo...

What would it look like? I made one now. Describe what it would look like below!

Back from a long break.

Starting fresh with my favorite typer. A Royal Futura!

02-7-2015 12:03:29  #2

Re: If you could make ourselves a new logo...

Not bad, but just to clarify, are you suggesting we need a new logo for Typewriter Talk or a different header image? I'd like to see Valiant take a crack at this as it is his area of expertise.

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

02-7-2015 12:17:36  #3

Ehhh, well, the header of ours is getting kinda old. Im not proposing anything, just got bored. But mayeb t would be a good idea to have a change up.

Back from a long break.

02-7-2015 14:49:30  #4

TypewriterGuy wrote:

Ehhh, well, the header of ours is getting kinda old.

That's true. Although it's the second header since the forum first started, maybe it is time to change things up a little.

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

02-7-2015 15:50:50  #5

And, (not to be rude) we need more typewritery stuff where all the black space is right now. Maybe do the letters "QWERTY" on one side, or something, and TYPEWRITER TALK We Know Your Type on the other. Switch around the colors a bit, maybe make the yellow black if we change the backrounds. 

Back from a long break.

02-7-2015 18:23:48  #6

Apparently I just opened Pandora's box...

02-7-2015 19:10:34  #7

I like the current banner, but not opposed to seeing some new ideas either - may even have a go myself.  The only thing about the present layout that fails me sometimes is the thread heading ("If you could make ourselves a new heading... " , in this case) since it is not that easy to read on some computers, I've found.  The grey on black is too close in tone?
On the present banner, the cream lettering could do with a tiny black stroke, I think, to separate it from light areas of the background, but I like the stakness and general look of it, and specially the fact that the ubiquitous and jarring blue that everyone seems to go for is entirely absent!

Last edited by beak (02-7-2015 19:14:13)

Sincerely,
beak.

02-7-2015 20:10:23  #8

^ Yes! The blue! lol 

Back from a long break.

03-7-2015 08:10:19  #9

beak wrote:

The only thing about the present layout that fails me sometimes is the thread heading ("If you could make ourselves a new heading... " , in this case) since it is not that easy to read on some computers,

It's an absolutely valid point. I agree fully, and unfortunately there's no easy fix. The problem is that most of the text colouring in this forum is linked, so if I make the thread title easier to read it would make much of the other text elsewhere difficult to read. What you see now is the result of much tinkering and was the lesser of all evils. Please keep in mind that I have very limited control over the forum's settings. If there was a revenue source here I would move the forum to its own server and have full control over the software, which would allow me to tweak every last detail and open many, many options to everyone. This might still happen one day, but I'm sure that most will understand why I would be reluctant to pay a lot of money out of my own pocket to host a non-profit forum.

Still, I'll spend some time over the next week considering a facelift of the forum to give everyone something different to look at. In the meantime if anyone wants to design a Typewriter Talk logo, please feel free to do so. If we get a few of them we can vote for which we'll use for the forum. 

Board footera