You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

01-7-2015 14:50:51  #1

WTB: Olympia SG3 feed roller paper guide

Bought an SG3 on eBay and it is missing the paper pan guide on the left side. If anybody has this part I will be willing to buy to make this machine functional.

EDIT: Moved to Buy&Sell section - clarified item description. Uwe.

Last edited by Uwe (02-7-2015 11:40:00)

01-7-2015 14:54:24  #2

Re: WTB: Olympia SG3 feed roller paper guide

I would reccomend to *try* and buy a parts machine, or just the partoff of ebay. Sometimes, similar models will also have the same part.

Back from a long break.

Starting fresh with my favorite typer. A Royal Futura!

01-7-2015 21:14:16  #3

nimmo wrote:

Bought an SG3 on eBay and it is missing the paper pan guide on the left side. If anybody has this part I will be willing to buy to make this machine functional.

Could you describe this "paper pan guide"? I'm not sure what you mean, maybe pictures could help.

01-7-2015 21:19:53  #4

Can't attach photos or send private message. They say I can after three posts. this is the second. maybe you can send an email or private message me? I have a photo of the problem

01-7-2015 21:20:58  #5

this is my third post. the next one I will try to attach photos

01-7-2015 21:22:17  #6

01-7-2015 21:26:10  #7

This is my dream typewriter as a writer. It has the robot typeface, which is very rare. I am frustrated because a repairman in Austin, Texas has had the machine for three months and has not tried to find the part. He will fix it if I can get him the part.

01-7-2015 21:27:59  #8

Hmm. It looks almost like you have the "paper release" lever pulled forward. It is the silver lever at the right end of the carriage. If it is pulled forward, push it back and see if that fixes your problem.

Edit: I didn't see your other comment about the repairman. Obviously this is different than I had first thought.

Last edited by JustAnotherGuy (01-7-2015 21:29:13)

01-7-2015 21:30:23  #9

JustAnotherGuy wrote:

Hmm. It looks almost like you have the "paper release" lever pulled forward. It is the silver lever at the right end of the carriage. If it is pulled forward, push it back and see if that fixes your problem.

Thanks. No that is not the problem. It does not matter what positon the paper lever is in. The part remains in the position shown in the photo. The repairman said that part is missing from the machine.

Last edited by nimmo (01-7-2015 21:31:02)

21-8-2015 22:21:48  #10

Hi Nimmo... Did you find a solution to your challenge here yet? I ask, because I too have an SG3 with a missing item, and I found a solution that may work for you too. I saw a website: MrTypewriter.com and spoke to the owner. He mentioned to me how he had several SG3 part machines. So, I asked if he would be interested in selling me a Paper Support, and he said yes. YAY! What a quick solution, and not too expensive either. You might want to try writing him. If you want to no more, feel free to email me directly.

John-Richard (John@Liv2BTru2u.com)

Mr. John Pagan
Type-Enthusiast 

Board footera