You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11-9-2015 11:07:31  #21

Re: Adler Special

I didn't really mean it seriously... just a bit of wordplay. And a currency key would just be up among the numbers anyway.

11-9-2015 11:19:55  #22

I understood that, and was only replying tongue-in-cheek. 

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

11-9-2015 13:05:57  #23

@ Uwe, @KatLondon, that's delightful, but, hmm, well, I'm in Germany so R = das Rand = margin

11-9-2015 16:17:39  #24

blini wrote:

@ Uwe, @KatLondon, that's delightful, but, hmm, well, I'm in Germany so R = das Rand = margin

Kat's machine has a QWERTY (English) keyboard, and therefore I imagine that the control keys would be either indicated using international symbols, or with English acronyms. With that in mind, MR would in all probability stand for margin release, and its highly unlikely that it means "margin rand" or "margin, margin".

Or perhaps you were talking about your own machine? If that's the case I didn't understand that from your previous post and assumed you were talking about Kat's machine. A photo of your own keyboard would certainly have removed any doubt or misunderstanding from this discussion.

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

11-9-2015 18:30:55  #25

Blini - ahhh... & it's late here so I will think about this in the morning!

11-9-2015 20:31:56  #26

A beauty!  And all those "eighths" keys -- interesting.  I'll go over to the typeface sample thread to check it out.

22-1-2018 09:21:51  #27

beak wrote:

KatLondon wrote:

.......the Special ........I

Here's a find for you: the service manual for your Adler special in English.

http://liv2type.liv2btru2u.com/?wpfb_dl=31

This site is no longer live and doesn't seem to be on the Wayback Machine either, does anyone have the Adler Special service manual that could send me a copy?

Thanks!

23-1-2018 14:43:19  #28

I can email you a copy. Do you want me to use the email address that you used to register here? If not, send the address you want me to use in a PM (I don't recommend posting email addresses in an open forum).

23-1-2018 14:47:10  #29

yes, that's fine - thanks!

Board footera