You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

23-7-2015 08:59:39  #11

Re: Typing with your portable

James Henry- I have a Royal Royalite that appears (to me) to be identical to the one Uwe posted.  I measured it for you.

At the back base, side to side, it measures 12".  From end of platen knob to end of platen knob, it measures 12 11/16". The carriage return sticks out a little further, but it's movable, so...

From front to back it measures 11 1/2"

Hope that helps.

Last edited by Spazmelda (23-7-2015 09:00:27)

23-7-2015 13:37:27  #12

James Henry wrote:

Which model gator case is that? That looks like a perfect fit for my Lettera 32.

I managed to fit a Lettera 32 into the bag (see photos), BUT it's a very tight fit. A tight fit is good as it prevents the machine from moving around, but this is on the more snug side of that. I would use this Gator bag with the 32, but only if I didn't to put it in and remove it a lot. Ideal for travel, especially to one destination where the machine would be in use for a while. Not so great for hoping from coffee shop to coffee shop all day long. 

The bag in question is the 12x12, but those dimensions appear to be measured using the edges of the padding, which obviously compress and is why a slightly larger Lettera will fit in it. It's also worth noting that Gator has since redsigned the bag, and it looks to be slightly taller now.

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

02-8-2015 12:26:10  #13

Thanks to both Uwe and Spazmelda. 
Uwe, I see what you mean....  You are right. It wouldn't work for a coffee shop to coffee shop gig, day to day, and that is what I am looking for. I am almost contemplating taking my old smelly case to a luggage repair shop and see if they can restore it. I really want to travel with the 32. It was a gift and the only thing wrong with it is that the vibrator ribbon raises too high. I need someone to impart some wisdom as to how to adjust it to lower its travel. black position types black on top, red on bottom, middle stencil types black on top, blank on bottom...you get the idea. Obviously I could just get a black ribbon and be done with it, but I'd like to be miserly with my ribbon and use the top and bottom of it properly. 

J. 

02-9-2015 13:14:55  #14

The Swissgear laptop backpacks are good for portable typewriters - my Lettera 32 fits comfortably in the bag I have, though not in the compartment for the laptop which is nowhere near thick enough, it occupies the space the other side of an internal divider.

25-9-2015 13:25:44  #15

no, i always remove it from the case.  i have a few portables and they are all out of their cases and are sitting on a shelf. i find that if i keep them in their cases, i am less likely to use them. 

Board footera