You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

27-9-2015 00:03:33  #21

Re: My first typewriter!

Typewriterlv,

If you live around LA, then it might be worth it to check out the flea market at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena that happens the second Sunday of every month. It's huge over there. Some sellers told me to scram, some downright lied about the condition of the typewriters, but I snagged two typewriters for $20 each. One of which was an Olympia SM-9 with a cursive typeface. So it's definietly worth it just to check it out.

A high schooler with a lot of typewriters. That's pretty much about it.

27-9-2015 00:46:23  #22

KatLondon wrote:

Also. Is it just me, or has tbis thread distracted us all from Valiant's infant screenplay??

Hi Kat: Here's a sample from that old Underwood Universal, dated February,1968. You can see I discovered the "quotes" key about seven lines into this page. My spelling and typing skills have improved only marginally. 

"Now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of the typewriter."

27-9-2015 00:57:17  #23

Yeah, I will definitely have to check out the Rose Bowl swap meet when the weather really cools down. I haven't been there in years but I know it's still huge. Hopefully some bargains can still be found.

27-9-2015 13:06:48  #24

Valiant, I'm still wondering how they get out of the jungle. As a kid, I loved that show. Don't suppose you can post a few more "test pages" eh?

~Joe

27-9-2015 14:06:52  #25

Valiant, I love it! It reminds me of the novel/s my partner's kid is writing - on the Quiet Riter that I've now given him... (hw had made it more or less his anyway...)

Last edited by KatLondon (27-9-2015 14:07:31)

28-9-2015 15:35:42  #26

JoeV wrote:

Valiant, I'm still wondering how they get out of the jungle. As a kid, I loved that show. Don't suppose you can post a few more "test pages" eh?

~Joe

Spoiler alert: Just when all hope seems lost, Napoleon has the presence of mind to pull out his pen-sized radio, opens channel D and calls in the U.N.C.L.E. 'cavalry'. Jungle escape accomplished!☺️

Last edited by Valiant (28-9-2015 16:15:55)

"Now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of the typewriter."

Board footera