You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

05-10-2015 20:54:39  #401

Re: Recent Acquisitions Thread

I would remove the carrriage. Just makes things easier. I personally would do crinkle. Not sure how it would be done though...

A high schooler with a lot of typewriters. That's pretty much about it.

06-10-2015 04:59:23  #402

Just found how to do crinkle paint online, so Iwill get new decals made, and I will do crinkle paint. Just to let you know, I wont be cutting any corners. Itll look like a factory job.

Back from a long break.

Starting fresh with my favorite typer. A Royal Futura!

06-10-2015 10:54:31  #403

Uwe wrote:

Onion skin is an on-shelf item at Staples, Valiant. And contrary to Kat's comment, they have a number of interesting paper types as well. Last time I was there I picked up a few different types of specialty parchment paper, another pad of onion skin, and believe it or not, a package of carbon paper.

This is not the case at the Staples stores down around here, unfortunately.  No onion skin or carbon paper to be found; the only paper other than copier paper is paper for resumes or presentations; a large variety of those.  Fortunately a friend gave me most of a ream of onion skin (Sphinx brand) and a box of "manifold letter sets" (onion skin sheets sandwiching barbon paper).

Last edited by Fleetwing (06-10-2015 10:55:23)

06-10-2015 11:03:49  #404

Fleetwing wrote:

This is not the case at the Staples stores down around here, unfortunately. 

I don't know where here is, but that's a shame. And a surprise. For what it's worth, my local Staples has the carbon and onion skin (along with the other specialty stuff) in a completely different aisle than the printing and photocopier paper. They also stock the paper made from sugarcane that was discussed in another thread, but I found that stuff a disappointment - more so when used with a fountain pen.

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

06-10-2015 11:10:17  #405

I couldn't find onion skin paper at our local Office Depot yesterday (Ohio). How is onion skin compared to tracing paper as far as thickness translucency, etc...

06-10-2015 12:07:57  #406

Uwe wrote:

Fleetwing wrote:

This is not the case at the Staples stores down around here, unfortunately. 

I don't know where here is, but that's a shame. And a surprise. For what it's worth, my local Staples has the carbon and onion skin (along with the other specialty stuff) in a completely different aisle than the printing and photocopier paper. They also stock the paper made from sugarcane that was discussed in another thread, but I found that stuff a disappointment - more so when used with a fountain pen.

Sorry -- "here" is Hartford, Connecticut -- Royal and Underwood land.

06-10-2015 12:34:54  #407

Spazmelda wrote:

I couldn't find onion skin paper at our local Office Depot yesterday (Ohio). How is onion skin compared to tracing paper as far as thickness translucency, etc...

I couldn't find any onion skin at any of my local staples stores or Michael's (craft store) so I found some on eBay. The tracing paper is not as sturdy and can rip. I've tried doubling up while I type but I still go right through the paper. The tracing paper I've tried is pretty much like the tissue paper one would use for gift bags. So anyway, I found some on eBay by Southworth with cockle finish and that's what I use to type letters.

06-10-2015 12:50:53  #408

Weird. Maybe we have a better selection in the Canadian Staples stores? And maybe its available for delivery online?
Onion Skin and carbon paper that I picked up off the shelf.

And samples of both:

This shows the relative transluscence of the onion vs. sugarcane paper:

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

17-10-2015 16:58:53  #409

Just bought this beauty off of Ebay!!! :D

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Antique-BLICKENSDERFER-7-portable-typewriter-/371461165466?ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:US:1123

The seller said he would pack it in bubble wrap and ither stuff, thats always good.

Back from a long break.

Starting fresh with my favorite typer. A Royal Futura!

17-10-2015 21:21:43  #410

TypewriterGuy wrote:

Just bought this beauty off of Ebay!!! :D

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Antique-BLICKENSDERFER-7-portable-typewriter-/371461165466?ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:US:1123

The seller said he would pack it in bubble wrap and ither stuff, thats always good.

Congrats!  Let's hope he's as good as his word.  Let us know when you get it.

Board footera