You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

07-10-2015 08:56:45  #1

2015 NaNoWriMo

November is just around the corner, and since the 2015 NaNoWriMowebiste just went live today, I thought it would be a good time to poll TypewriterTalk members to find out who was going to take part in this year's edition. If there are enough of us, we could also participate as a group. Well, I'm in. Anyone else?

I've started a list below of those of us who are participating this year, and I took the liberty of modifying the NaNoWriMo logo by replacing the laptop in it with a typewriter.

The 2015 Typewriter Talk NaNoWrMo TEAM
words typed!

The Typewriter Talk Team:
(Typewriter Talk member name/NaNoWriMo author name/NaNoWriMo genre)
colrehogan a.k.a. colrehogan (Fanfiction)
JanetLand a.k.a. JanetLand (Mainstream)
Jfraney a.k.a. John Franey (Fantasy)
KatLondon a.k.a. notethelmerman (Literary)
malole a.k.a. A_Beetle (?)
treefaller a.k.a. treefaller (Mystery)
tricnomistal a.k.a. Tricnomistal (Fantasy)
Uwe a.k.a. 44 Keys (History)

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

07-10-2015 11:37:23  #2

Re: 2015 NaNoWriMo

Most of the writing that I do is fanfiction based, so it probably doesn't qualify.  Otherwise, I think it would be cool to do.

Last edited by colrehogan (07-10-2015 11:38:00)

Smith Premier typewriters are cool!

07-10-2015 12:02:44  #3

You can write about absolutely anything you want. That aside, fanfiction is on the official genre list. And I can guarantee there were far more writing in that category last year than the one I write in (historical).

Young Adult
Women's Fiction
Thriller/Suspense
Science Fiction
Satire/Humor
Romance
Religious/Spiritual
Personal
Mystery
Mainstream
Literary
Horror/Supernatural
Historical 
Fantasy
Fanfiction
Erotic
Adventure

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

07-10-2015 12:20:09  #4

Well that's great! Are there any other rules? What happens after the time is up?

07-10-2015 12:46:18  #5

Good luck to all the writers!  Writing is something I wish I could do, but I'm not very good at it, unless it is a technical report.

07-10-2015 14:08:14  #6

colrehogan wrote:

Well that's great! Are there any other rules? What happens after the time is up?

If you use the link in my first post it's all explained in detail, but you'll quickly find out that they aren't big on rules. The entire point of the organization is to just motivate people to write. Do what you can. Whether you end up writing 1,000 or 100,000 words, it doesn't matter as long as you try - and you write. When the time is up, all you do is tally your word count and submit it - that's it. They don't keep your work. They don't even read it. And what you do with it after is up to you. Continue writing and working on it, start editing, or shelve it for next year.

Of course a big part of the fun is that you'll use a typewriter (I would hope!), which means you'll put one of your machines to very good use for a month. I'm planning on using the same SG1 that I used last year; it's now my official NaNoWriMo machine and its interesting to keep track of how many words it churned out - and find out how long a ribbon will last.

07-10-2015 15:15:58  #7

Do you recommend a standard over a portable or is it just to use something that is just comfortable to type with? I haven't determined a favorite machine yet.  Anyway, count me in!

Last edited by colrehogan (07-10-2015 15:17:06)

07-10-2015 15:57:32  #8

Whatever model you have that's reliable, and you enjoy typing with will be perfect. You don't want to be distracted by a machine that has issues, not when you want to focus on writing. I prefer standards because I think they're better typewriters overall, but I wouldn't hesitate to do a NaNoWriMo using a good portable.

07-10-2015 21:17:29  #9

I might do it this year and get the chance to use that new Underwood SS. But with school and other stuff, it might be hard to write a novel in under a month at this rate...

A high schooler with a lot of typewriters. That's pretty much about it.

10-10-2015 17:45:12  #10

This will be my 11th year of nanowrimo!

Board footera