You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

13-10-2015 09:46:56  #1

Which Hermes Rocket should I get: 1959 or 1964?

I am looking into getting a Hermes Rocket. Two of them are interesting to me, a 1959 and a 1964. I've been reading up on them, and they seem pretty similar. I was just wondering what all of you thought about the two models? Does one type better than the other? What about the aesthetics? Any recommendations for me?

Thank you!

13-10-2015 15:53:39  #2

Re: Which Hermes Rocket should I get: 1959 or 1964?

Can I ask why you're after those specific years, or were you just referring to the two different model generations? I have a '64, which I think was the first or second year to use the one-piece ribbon cover (see below). I also have a few examples of the previous generation model that featured the butterfly ribbon covers. As for a recommendation, I'd suggest buying the one that visually appeals to you more, because there isn't a significant difference in their performance or type action. Both are fun machines, and great for travelling, but neither would be my first choice for hard-core writing.

1964 Rocket

1958 Empire Aristocrat (Hermes Rocket):

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

13-10-2015 18:04:25  #3

I have a 1961 model, which looks like the bottom one here (though obvs all put together) but has the ribbon colour selector. Helpful if you like to use the red.

14-10-2015 13:30:41  #4

Thank you for the comments.

Uwe, I was just referring to the differences in models. Since it sounds like they're pretty much the same, I might try to get the older one. I find it a bit more appealing aesthetically. But if I can't get it, I'm sure I'd like the other just as much.

Board footera