You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

20-10-2015 08:14:55  #11

Re: Brother Echelon 89 - Repeat Spacer issue

I would also like to add a very important note to this whole story. I have just realized that when I pick my machine up and hold it in the air and then press the repeat spacer key, it runs smoothly past the point where the bell pings. It seems that only when it is on a flat surface that perhaps the weight of the carriage itself prevents the carriage from gliding across the whole way in a smooth fashion past the point where the bell pings. It is a mystery to me!

20-10-2015 08:26:13  #12

You're quite right in what you say. However, I think it would make sense to have all the how-to videos relating to a particular model in one place. How you achieve this is another matter entirely, but the idea is thrown out there by myself for all to ponder. Basic topics that would be applicable to all models, such as "How to remove the platen", "How to remove the carriage", etc., could be set up and then people could be invited to add their how-to's to the right sections. I guess kinda like the same way wikipedia works. An encyclopedia of typewriter knowledge that anyone and everyone can add to.

20-10-2015 14:46:07  #13

ARe the feet worn out? Maybe a part is hitting the table or surface it is on...

Back from a long break.

Starting fresh with my favorite typer. A Royal Futura!

Board footera