You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

18-3-2013 16:50:07  #1

Everest Mod 90

An Everest Mod 90 was my first ever eBay typewriter purchase.

Except the idiot seller thought it would be okay to package an uncased typewriter in nothing more than a plastic carrier bag. The label came adrift and the courier lost it (or, more likely, it was wrecked in transit and quietly binned).

The model shown below is from Etsy.

Has anyone got one of these machines? I really like the flat-top look.

18-3-2013 18:22:13  #2

Re: Everest Mod 90

It's new to me, and have to say that I really like it a lot. I assume that the nameplate on the pictured machine isn't original either? It's got some sort of a funky design that looks really non-period.

How about a photo or two of yours for comparison. What's it like to type with?

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

18-3-2013 20:44:52  #3

I like the look of this! It looks very industrial, but sophisticated. Is that bare metal, or is it painted? 

"Now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of the typewriter."

18-3-2013 21:24:29  #4

Valiant wrote:

I like the look of this! It looks very industrial, but sophisticated. Is that bare metal, or is it painted? 

It's an "Etsy" typer which means it's probably been repainted, and in this case, very tastefully in what looks like a gunmetal or slate grey. I can't recall ever having seen that colour on a typer before; I really like it!

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

19-3-2013 14:35:49  #5

As far as I know the colour 'Triangles' logo is original. I've seen a number of pictures of this model and they all have the same colour scheme (though the shade of the body-work can vary).

They tend to sell quite cheaply, but you don't see many of them.

(To recap on my original post, my typewriter never arrived. I've written it off as lost/destroyed.)

20-6-2013 18:28:15  #6

I have one of these. I can post pics if anyone's interested.

21-6-2013 12:58:08  #7

I'd like to see them for comparison as I now have TWO of these beauties. The first was another semi-disastrous eBay purchase; the other, by a great stroke of luck, turned up at a local house-clearance auction.

I’ll post more on them in the future.

24-6-2013 09:41:40  #8

Here are some quick and somewhat sloppy pics of my Everest. I tried to post these directly using the link feature but it's not working (or I did it wrong...).

Last edited by Uwe (24-6-2013 22:28:03)

24-6-2013 18:09:39  #9

Thanks, Foljambe. The Mod 90 is a lovely machine.

With regards to pictures, you have to click on the mountain symbol, not the link, to post images. I'll try to get some of mine up soon.

24-6-2013 23:35:34  #10

What period do these machines date to? They look rather...um...mixed. 

"Not Yet Published" - My History Blog
"I just sit at a typewriter and curse a bit" - Sir Pelham Grenville "P.G." Wodehouse
"The biggest obstacle to professional writing is the necessity for changing a typewriter ribbon" - Robert Benchley

Board footera