You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

24-10-2015 05:54:48  #1

Typewriter meeting West Virginia

Is anyone one else on this board here or coming later?  I got in last night and met a bunch of nice people, but I don't think I met anyone from this board. 

Last edited by Uwe (24-10-2015 11:19:05)

24-10-2015 06:07:40  #2

Re: Typewriter meeting West Virginia

Oops, 'meeting' not 'meeing', darn.

Here is just a small sample of Herman's EXTENSIVE collection.  It is insane. This was just in one part.

24-10-2015 11:21:34  #3

Given he has a few ABC models, if you go back please ask him if any of them have an escapement issue.

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

24-10-2015 19:28:07  #4

How do you find out where other typewriter collectors are? I've been so alone here in my suburban bubble for so long without a fellow typewriter lover for too long... (I know they're out there, because someone is buying the other typewriters.)

A high schooler with a lot of typewriters. That's pretty much about it.

25-10-2015 15:57:35  #5

ztyper wrote:

How do you find out where other typewriter collectors are? ...I know they're out there, because someone is buying the other typewriters.

Most machines that are sold are bought by one-machine buyers, not collectors. If you want to find other collectors in your area it wouldn't hurt to create a post that mentions your location and interest in meeting with others. If they perform an internet search such a request would turn up. 

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

Board footera