You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

02-10-2013 17:41:18  #1

WTB: Parts for Royal flatbed

This is a bit of a long-shot, but does anyone have a parts Royal Flatbed? I need a carriage lever, and the escapement frame. 

My machine was damaged by USPS, and a seller that obviously found packing things effectively to be just as hard and too difficult to do, as writing 'Fragile' on the box.

03-10-2013 00:49:25  #2

Re: WTB: Parts for Royal flatbed

I feel for you; I've had a couple of eBay machines arrive in completely battered condition.

assume you mean the Royal 5? I almost bought one last year from a local antique shop but decided against it because it needed parts. I wonder if the lever off another Royal, like the 10, would fit? The same might also go for the escapement parts. Can you post a photo of the "frame"? It sounds like something that might be easily fabricated.

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

03-10-2013 07:07:12  #3

It is actually a Royal 1, which is why this is all the more tragic. But the lever and the frame are the same between the 1, and the 3/4/5. 

As for the offending broken frame, i'll see if I can cram a photo up tomorrow. 

05-5-2021 14:13:19  #4

I also need a bell and screw to attach it for a flatbed 5. So if anyone out there has a parts unit, I’m bringing this one back. I might want some chrome parts if the are spiffy looking. Sometimes polishing goes only so far.

17-5-2021 20:28:39  #5

The rehab turned out great. Still could use a bell though

https://typewriterdatabase.com/1912-royal-5.16085.typewriter

Board footera