You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

02-1-2019 19:58:27  #1

My Small Typewriter Collection

Hi All,
New member here, but have lurked for quite some time (several years actually).  I grew up using a Royal Quiet De Luxe from the time I could walk that my parents got as an anniversary gift in 1955.  That was my first exposure to typewriters.  In college, I used a Remington portable No. 2 I found at an antique store for $10 for all of my papers, and actually typed my first resume on it.  

Fast forward many years and here I am again using (or collecting and fixing) typewriters.  As a math instructor, I'm particularly fond of machines with math symbols.  I have two such typewriters: a Remington Portable 2 from 1926, and an Olympia SM 4 from 1958.  On the hunt for more.

Here is a gallery of my small collection to date (hopefully this is okay to do on the forum as per "the rules"):

My Collection

One of the typewriters I was inspired to find because of Uwe.  Can you tell which one?  

Enjoy,
CHUCK

03-1-2019 13:05:33  #2

Re: My Small Typewriter Collection

Welcome, Chuck! Nice group of machines you have. I'm betting it's the two-tone Underwood!

03-1-2019 23:54:01  #3

First to comment, and you are correct.  I saw Uwe's two tone brown/green a year ago in the photo sub and had to get one.  The blue/gray is pretty nice as well, but I still like the brown/green a bit better.  Oh well.

04-1-2019 09:05:13  #4

Fantastic collection, Chuck.  And don't think that the fountain pen and slide rule didn't go unnoticed!

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

Board footera