You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

23-6-2019 00:08:14  #1

Portland, ME: Help organize a type-in, or just get together?

Hello, my name is Renee Cote. I’m a creative writer and a typewriter enthusiast. I would like to organize a type-in and would love some help. It’d also be great to get a sort-of “raise your hand if you’re interested,” whether to organize or participate, head count.

Portland, ME has at least three great spots for a type-in. One is LFK, a typewriter-themed bar/lounge/restaurant that already has monthly open mike readings and quarterly SCBWI-NE meetings. Number two is the Press Hotel, a print and journalism-themed hotel. The third option is the Portland Public Library. I haven’t tried to organize anything there, but one can hope.

Besides a type-in, I’d love to meet other typewriter enthusiasts and geek out over our beauties. Mine is a 1960 Olympia SM4 in army green. Her name is Demeter.

-Olympia SM4, spruce green, possibly 1960

24-6-2019 15:25:27  #2

Re: Portland, ME: Help organize a type-in, or just get together?

Good luck with your Type-In, Renee. I'm not sure how many members here are from the Portland area as it's an international forum, but hopefully there are a few. If you're trying to gauge interest it might be a good idea to post notices in all the places you mentioned - and in any other 'artsy' type places in the city.  

"To save time is to lengthen life."

24-6-2019 15:37:09  #3

Re: Portland, ME: Help organize a type-in, or just get together?

Hi Uwe, thank you for the ideas and the good luck wishes! There probably aren’t many people here from Portland, but I thought I’d try. I’ll probably also post on other typewriter boards.

-Olympia SM4, spruce green, possibly 1960

Board footera